What's the best addition to your brewery?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, a few of the usual suspects but in order of importance:

1. Sodium perc and Starsan
2. Temp controlled chest freezer
3. Kettle and mash tun graduations
4. LBP with speed control
5. Stir plate

These things have generally caused a step change in beer quality or I can't live without them in the brewery.

best addition ? This forum, Hands down. without it, my brewery wouldn't be what it is today. who the f%*k am I kidding, it wouldn't be anything.

1. Fermenting fridge / STC1000
2. Thermapen
both make life more easy, also my Corona Mill which allows me to buy bulk grain.

Equipment wise it would be temp controlled fermentation fridge followed by a 40L urn

Not equipment wise would be AHB and homebrew club, it is good to be able to talk about brewing beer rather than just drinking it

I love my plate chiller! Last brew got down to 17 degrees into the fermentor.
STC-1000 comes a close second.
Very fond of my Digitial Stirplate as well.

One more for the Digital Stirplate and the Yeast book, as well as the great gift of having endless things to tinker with which already work perfectly well.

Not a brewery item but as kegerator has been mentioned twice I would say hand pumps for dispensing cask conditioned ale, and a cool room. The first time I had a cask conditioned ale in the UK the first shock was it wasn't served at 2 degrees C the second shock was I could taste the hops and malt and the third shock was how smooth it was. On the second pint I was wondering how much I would get for my kegging gear on Gumtree.

Great topic

+1 for a fermenting fridge & STC1000

But stripping things back to basics would be my 15 Litre plastic Jug

Kegs were easily the best addition. I can't remember anything more annoying than cleaning bottles.

yum beer said:
immersion chiller, suddenly proper hop flavour and character.
Really? chilling faster improves hop flavour? What sort of time frame are we talking here? I currently do my partial boil and chill in an ice bath within half an hour to pitching temp....

Small things like a pulley for BIAB, spray bottle for Starsan, little bung and airlock for bottles and even cloth tape because it sticks to the fermenter better.

Overall, temp controlled fridge.

Temp controlled fridges, stirplate, sodium p, starsan, suppliers carrying a wider range of quality fresh ingredients and the filtering setup I bought this week, my beers never been so bright.

Wheels on my brew stand and a double pulley for my grain bag.
I ain't got time for back problems.

Knowledge.
The internet, a passionate home brew shop, books and mates that were into it. My grandma was a homebrewer, but she died before I was old enough to have an interest in the hobby, so if it wasn't for the above, I'd still be making kits from the supermarket, and I'd have zero idea of how to make it any better.

Cheers,
RB.

Man... best addition?

Mash tun wins, pants down (no one else here wins with pants down, okay... looking at two of you in particular). Otherwise I'd still be doing extract brewing, and I'd have all this money I didn't spend on stainless steel!

Failing that, it would be cubes. Love the simplicity of NC.

Latest posts

Back