• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

What would you say was a fair price?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crofty

Reaction score
I don't actually know where to post this, so move it if you will mods.

I recently received (and accepted) an offer to sell to me the following items:

2x 19L Cornelius Beer Kegs (most likely ball-lock)
10L kegs on legs Co2 bottle,
regulator (unknown manufacturer)
beer tap (? not really relevant)

What do you think is a fair price as what I've been quoted is way too low from my thinking (no i'm not going to disclose) and I don't want to rip him off (intentionally in any case).

All items are of unknown quality/condition and the seller disclosed that they cost him $400 at the time he purchased them.

Appreciate your advice.

Crofty

Kegs are roughly $70 each second hand, is the co2 bottle 6.8kg? If so, and it's full and in good nick, at least $200. Regulator $50ish, tap could be $20-$50? So $400 all up sounds pretty good to me.

Unknown condition...
So taking worst case scenario the kegs don't hold pressure and the gas bottle is empty.
$50 per keg, $170 for the gas bottle, reg $50, tap $30. So $300 or so would be decent. If you know its all good kit then the $400 is pretty fair.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk.

given that you're buying everything together, i'd say $250 to 300 is a fair price.

If the regulator is a piece of shit (crap ones are prone to 'creeping' or leaking) then you're gonna wanna get a better one anyway. Same goes for the tap (in terms of your comment, the tap most certainly IS relevant). What good is delicious homemade beer if the tap pours heaps of foam, gets stuck, leaks or rusts etc). So take those into consideration of the price because if you need to get a new reg and tap then you're gonna be looking at close to $200 for some good gear anyway.

The mykegonlegs bottle could be anywhere from 2.6kg up to 6.8kg so the price could range from $230 up to $320 if it were new.

Alot of variables mate. You'll have to do your own research using the search part of the forums and get an idea for yourself providing you know the brands etc etc.

stienberg said:
Unknown condition...
So taking worst case scenario the kegs don't hold pressure and the gas bottle is empty.
$50 per keg, $170 for the gas bottle, reg $50, tap $30. So $300 or so would be decent. If you know its all good kit then the $400 is pretty fair.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk.
Was kind of leaning towards the 300 mark myself too.... still probably a fair price even if the cornies turn out to be pins...

I

joshF said:
The mykegonlegs bottle could be anywhere from 2.6kg up to 6.8kg so the price could range from $230 up to $320 if it were new.

Alot of variables mate. You'll have to do your own research using the search part of the forums and get an idea for yourself providing you know the brands etc etc.
Don't have the brands or the details, I'll take 300 and if it's the 2.6kg bottle then I'll still be happy :) I already have enough gear for my current system, I'm buying this for my expansion, so no real loss (except the money) if not entirely ideal :)

Thanks for the input guys, you've pretty much confirmed the price bracket I was thinking... (and it's a fair bit more than I'm paying).

I'll give the man 300 and be able to look myself in the mirror in the morning.

Crofty

Give him 250 and close one eye....you pick which eye.

Depends on the size of the CO2 bottle and the quality of the tap. If it's a shit tap you might as well remove it from the equation. If it's a flow control Celli you're laughing..

$200.00 would be a good deal, that's what I'd offer but depends on how much you want it.

Back