What Should I Brew Next?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discoloop

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a bit of brewing inspiration. Currently got a Belgian-ish blonde ale finishing off fermentation, so will be heading out to the HBS to pick up the goodies for my next batch over the weekend. Im struggling with ale temps at the moment so think lager is the way to go.

Im keen on doing a no-lager lager (light or dark), or perhaps a having a go at a steam beer. But what to brew? Anyone got a killer recipe?

Im happy with a kits and bits recipe or all-extract. I havent experimented with specialty grains before, but am very interested in giving this technique a go.

i vote for an altbier, 14-17 sort of temps like now are perfect.

simple. do a minimash of some munich malt, and throw it in with your pale extract. hop it up.

Is there a suitable dried yeast for this style?

For an Alt, you need something high attenuating to achieve a dry bitter finish. In liquids, 036 and 029 are the way to go, for dry, I guess US-56 would be the best as it is clean and has good attenuation.

Cheers.

Is there a suitable dried yeast for this style?
I know batz plugs nottingham as being good for an alt. I've just finished fermenting one using nottingham and it tasted wonderful out of the fermenter. It's in bottles now so I dont get to properly try it for another few weeks

I think a quadruple, Imperial, 100% Brett fermented, 400+ IBU, Lacto Soured, Baltic Cherry chocolate porter is the go.

Back