What I Like Most About Ahb!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white.grant

tum te tum
Reaction score
Meeting helpful and interesting people and getting great advice and support.

cheers

grant

getting to read AHB and expanding the knowledge while at work ;)

this place gives me brewing motivation, which i dont think i could find elsewhere.

I like the fact it can save people being ripped-off and enable them to give it a go and give them a more informed understanding of a subject or task to enable them to decide whether to do it themselves or pay someone else to do it!

Posts with positive feedback like these! :beerbang:

And pretty much being able to come on here, knowing that there are pages of info to just about any brewing related topic and being able to sit through and read them (be it a new or old thread... theyre all valid)

Meeting people who live around your area and produce such amazing beer is not too bad either.

Its just a mine of information on AHB

Sponge

cheers

grant

The conglomeration of craftbrewing minds ,useful or otherwise , suspended in the ether of cyberspace .
poised ready to try and answer questions from poor lost brewing soul's

Pumpy :)

LAtest thread feature at the top, very good for keeping up to date with the forums.
I like the java chat, but not many ppl seem to use it...also it is a very pleasent way of getting info from a bunch of verry experianced blokes im finding.

cheers

grant

Posts with positive feedback like these! :beerbang:

And pretty much being able to come on here, knowing that there are pages of info to just about any brewing related topic and being able to sit through and read them (be it a new or old thread... theyre all valid)

Meeting people who live around your area and produce such amazing beer is not too bad either.

Its just a mine of information on AHB

Sponge

+1 one to both these posts from my fellow Illawarrans. This brilliant forum taught me to brew, then helped bring the locals into the IBU.

Most forums have more than their fair share of idiots. AHB has just the expected amount. People from all walks of life and all levels of experience are accepted here and it's generally a great place to hang around. Long live AHB and may this thread be longer than the other one.

For the last year I have learnt so much on this site... i thought making beer just came out of a can.

I have also made a few good friends from here that otherwise I would not of met.

I find AHB is full of gentlemen always there to answer a question or lead you in the right direction. I've being on other sites none beer related and just for fun... and there are some FREAKS I mean FREAKS out there. Not so fun.

Learning choice stuff like BIAB and No Chill!

And just the endless amounts of helpfull information, and theres allways someone to help out, which is awesome! :beerbang:

Being a new member here, I'm stoked that theres so many active members, and that people are happy to help out with information that's way below their own level of experience. I get the feeling that many here probably remember what it's like to enter into this here homebrew lark in the beginning, and I suppose some older members wouldnt have had the advantage of being part of such a huge network of likeminded folks - ie before the advent of the 'net.

Add to that the huge database of information if you know how to dig for it (and understand it - some of it's a bit beyond me, but the glossary is great). The 'Articles' database is good for new brewers as well, I recommend all beginners take the time to read, especially the first two categories. And I agree with Katie, it's sometimes a good laugh.

So three cheers, boys and girls, for putting out the welcome mat. Hope to crack a few with some of you soon !

MUCH better more positive threads like this :)

Awesome community, good discussions, reasonable level of open minded-ness with lots of knowledge being shared. What more could you ask for.

I fit was not for this forum I would of only done 2 kit brews and never done another HB. Now ts grown into a huge monster.

Steve

I fit was not for this forum I would of only done 2 kit brews and never done another HB. Now ts grown into a huge monster.

Steve

Exactly. When i got given the homebrew kit for xmas i only thought beer came from cans. AHB pops up, and im half way through collecting equipment for AG. God bless AHB (and the IBU's while im at it :beerbang: )

Sponge

The vast amount of information. It's almost too much but I'm battling through :lol:

That and the fact that most are willing to help others, without getting up on a pedestal simply because of their post no. or join date!

What I do like though is the fact that I only started brewing in March after spotting some tallies at the dump recycling centre and have got so into since then and will be putting my 15 batch of beer in a keg and my 16th brew will be AG(goods coming from Ross)..

Also the fact that even though no-one(except 1) on this forum did AG in my area, I had quite a few guys 1-2hrs put their hand up and invite me to a brewday to just get a peek at AG before I did my first one, thanks Screwy for showing me... :beer:
Also the ridiculous topics that pop up are a good laugh sometimes Eg "show us your airlock/grommet/mixing spoon, always puts a smile on my face with the pictures some put up as a piss take.. :lol:

The amount of photos of people in front of Ross's bar :p

Back