What are you Watching ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aM11dOW_460sa.gif

Under the Dome on Ten. What a load of rubbish and you would think with Stephen King and Stephen Speilberg it would be half decent.

Tropical_Brews said:
Under the Dome on Ten. What a load of rubbish and you would think with Stephen King and Stephen Speilberg it would be half decent.
I just thought it was a real life version of The Simpsons movie :huh:

You imagine that two artists at the very peak of their powers with such a strong track record in television would have to make something great, amirite?

Yes your shots of the nipper with the sword is more interesting.

The Under the Dome book I found a bit meh, the tv series isn't doing it for me either, I'll keep watching tho, can't help myself...
I am enjoying the original (english) Life on Mars on ABC 2 though, reckon it deserves a better timeslot than 1 am on a Sunday morning. Gotta love the DVR. Also liked the American version but sadly missed a few too many episodes.

Ok going to throw it out there just because I still enjoy my Anime (look it up people not just freaking pokemon ect)

Just saw the first episode of Ghost In The Shell: Arise and it wasn't bad at all! I'm a massive fan of the original movies and didn't mind Stand Alone Complex that much but felt it lost some of what the movies brought to the screen.

Tropical_Brews said:
Very disapointed in Under The dome. I can see it dragging on to be all about life living under a dome and we will never find out what the hell the dome is doing there and who put it there until the last few episodes. Its heading the same way that other stupid series Defiance did. Now that was crap. And really crappy CGI as well.

Grant Bowler should have stuck with hosting The Mole.

I'm almost at the end of Game of Thrones Season 2. It took me a while to warm to it because I usually hate things with dragons and magic and that kind of thing, but I'm seeing what the all the fuss is about. I can see the story building now and it's really fecking compelling.

I reckon they avoided a lot of the fantasy aspect of GOT for the first season for this exact reason. There seemed to be a lot more reference to magic and the like in the first book but this probably wouldn't have helped ratings.

Yeah, I reckon it's been a shrewd move because now I'm fascinated with the politics & the magic isn't such an issue.

And the tits are a bonus.

assassinations
Phil Mud said:
Yeah, I reckon it's been a shrewd move because now I'm fascinated with the politics & the magic isn't such an issue.
Same thing with the books.
I remember reading for ages all about political drama, sexual affairs and assassinations and then some weird magic or dragon turns up and you think what the hell?
Then you remember that it is a fantasy genre.
Much more to the story than just fantasy stuff though.

Phil Mud said:
I'm almost at the end of Game of Thrones Season 2. It took me a while to warm to it because I usually hate things with dragons and magic and that kind of thing, but I'm seeing what the all the fuss is about. I can see the story building now and it's really fecking compelling.
Ive just finished watching all three seaons. Shit its hard to follow though. You miss someones name or a place and you've got no idea whats going on. I ended up going to the wiki site and reading the epidose guides after watching each epsiode, then clicking on links to places or people mentioned just so I could get an idea of what was going on, where they were etc.

Talisa gets my vote as the hottest chick in the show followed closely by Vanaerys/Kaleesi. :p

Truman said:
This one sounds alright...The Bridge

Im downloading the pilot now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_(2013_TV_series)
Episode 2 is up on EZTV now. This is looking to be a cracking series going on the first episode.

P.S. checked out episode 1 of Vikings which is coming to SBS 1 soon was not impressed not one I will be watching.

Can recommend the BBC three part series Australia with Simon Reeves starts 24th July on SBS1.

Not much worth watching on TV lately so downloaded first series of Lost quite entertaining.

Back