What’s your bad brewing habit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment my bad brewing habit is not doing enough brewing, business is taking off, I am hardly ever home.

One of my other bad habits is always tweaking recipes, I seem to have a sickness, can't follow a pre-existing recipe as-is. I always have to modify it to give it my own spin but usually this results in something not as good - I never learn! Haha! I do the same thing in the kitchen, always improvising, although the results are usually a bit better..
Yep that's me too, even if its my own recipe i find i still tweak things and move hop additions or amounts around on the day [emoji482]

Yep that's me too, even if its my own recipe i find i still tweak things and move hop additions or amounts around on the day [emoji482]
Is that a bad habit? I thought it was what I'm supposed to do. I'm now on my 24th brew and not one has replicated a previous recipe. So far I like them all. I guess my bad habit is deciding which one I like the best

Is that a bad habit?
Well it depends, I call it a bad habit because nearly every time after I just wish I followed the recipe as it was.. However, you can definitely make some accidental discoveries through experimentation, just pick and choose your battles wisely. I think to be consistently good you first need to be consistent.

Well it depends, I call it a bad habit because nearly every time after I just wish I followed the recipe as it was.. However, you can definitely make some accidental discoveries through experimentation, just pick and choose your battles wisely. I think to be consistently good you first need to be consistent.
Touche. I have fortunately kept meticulous notes so can replicate my favorites. As I said I have liked them all but there have been a couple I really like.

Touche. I have fortunately kept meticulous notes so can replicate my favorites. As I said I have liked them all but there have been a couple I really like.
Yeah my bad habit is probably more the making of sudden changes and not keeping good notes so if its good I'm not sure I can replicate it again. Then again I probably wouldn't follow my notes next time anyway [emoji1787]

Latest posts

Back