Wha Temp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Tiger

Reaction score
Hi there, just wondering what temp to brew my Coopers Dark ale at. Thanks

Cheers AT,

Did you search?

16-22 is the absolute outside ranges for most ale yeasts I reckon (some limited exceptions), much better at 17-20 if you can manage it. Any higher and it will start giving bad flavours, any lower and it will struggle to ferment.

18-20 is the range most often given but I've found there is some leeway within that. If I can keep most ales around 17-18, I will but some that have fermented at 22 have been fine. Above this, particularly at the beginning stages will give some bad flavours.

There should a set of instructions that came with the tin,

Unfortunately they will suggest up to 27 is ok and low end of the range is 21. The website has much better instructions than the tin (odd but true)

There should a set of instructions that came with the tin, but generally around 18 degrees will see it done :)

Whats your recipe ? Are you going to add extra hops ,dry malt , brew enhancer , dextrose etc ? :unsure:
and yes anything under 20*C is good for an ale and no lower than about 17*C or the yeast goes to sleep .

Back