Well Here It Is. The New Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi peter,

Nice looking setup, How do you find the brass quick disconnects, I was thinking of using them myself..?

Matt

Ross said:
WOW!!

You kept that gem a secret - looks fantastic... When's open day :chug:

cheers Ross...
[post="95502"][/post]​
To you Ross, it is an open day everyday. When you go shopping to say Capalaba, why don't you popp in for a refreshment. You will be welcome any time.

Cheers,
PeterS.... :beer:

johnno said:
Very nice Peter.

Also given me a good idea with the way the pump is set up.

johnno
[post="95517"][/post]​

Johnno, the pump set-up that you see is only temporary as I managed to break off the outflow threads. I believe it is more efficient if the pumps inlet and outlet are verticle rather than horizontal. I will be incorporating an air vent in the inlet and outlet side (using ball valves) in my new design.

Cheers,

hockadays said:
Hi peter,

Nice looking setup, How do you find the brass quick disconnects, I was thinking of using them myself..?

Matt
[post="95548"][/post]​

Matt. I have no issues with Brass disconnects although they tend to get a bit warm if you want to change hoses in a hurry (use gloves). However, I find that I don't really have to change any connections immediately and it will cool down quick enough by its own. Having said that, if I had the finance, I would have chosen foodgrade plastic disconnects.

Cheersd,
PeterS....

Batz said:
Yes great brewery you have there

And the lawnmower beer was very nice , I wouldn't mine seeing that recipe....please? :p

Batz
[post="95510"][/post]​

Batz, I have not forgotten you. Thanks for the photos as well. As far as the recipe is concerned, I will have to dig it out and will pm it to you later today as SWMBO is waiting to go shopping.

Cheers,

PeterS

Could you post the recipe here :)

Batz said:

And the lawnmower beer was very nice , I wouldn't mine seeing that recipe....please? :p

Batz
[post="95510"][/post]​

Hey Pete,

Nice job on the brewery cobber. :beerbang: I would like to know a bit about your Temp controller, element size and where you purchased the controller. I' checking out new ones at the moment.
Cheers
Hawko

Looks to me to be a Dixell digital temp controller, like those recently purchased through Dreamboat. Just a simple on/off digital temp controller with a 20A(??) relay. Nice simple temp control that can have up to a 2400W(10A) element directly wired across the thermostats relay.

Pretty simple wiring.

Cheers, Justin

Hawko777 said:
Batz said:

Batz
[post="95510"][/post]​

Hey Pete,

Nice job on the brewery cobber. :beerbang: I would like to know a bit about your Temp controller, element size and where you purchased the controller. I' checking out new ones at the moment.
Cheers
Hawko
[post="95570"][/post]​

Not a problem Hawko. See Justins's reply in post #48. Well explained. I got mine in the bulk buy. Works very well.

Cheers,

PeterS said:
Ross said:
WOW!!

You kept that gem a secret - looks fantastic... When's open day :chug:

cheers Ross...
[post="95502"][/post]​
To you Ross, it is an open day everyday. When you go shopping to say Capalaba, why don't you popp in for a refreshment. You will be welcome any time.

Cheers,
[post="95553"][/post]​

Great Pete - I look forward to it :chug: ... Can you pm me your contact number/address?

Cheers Ross

Jye said:
PeterS

Could you post the recipe here :)
[post="95569"][/post]​

This is not really the right place to post it, however as a couple of you asked for it, I hope the rest of you don't mind here it is:.

AG27 - Shane's Pale Ale
Brew Type: All Grain Date: 14/11/05
Style: American Pale Ale Brewer: Peter Shane
Batch Size: 23.00 L Assistant Brewer:
Boil Volume: 32.89 L Boil Time: 60 min
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.0 % Equipment: Shane's 50L Stainless
Actual Efficiency: 73.1 %
Taste Rating (50 possible points): 35.0

Ingredients Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.16 kg Pale Malt, Traditional Ale (Joe White) (4.9 EBC) Grain 90.4 %
0.35 kg Carapils (Hoepfner) (3.9 EBC) Grain 7.5 %
0.09 kg Wheat Malt (Powells) (2.5 EBC) Grain 1.9 %
0.01 kg Crystal Malt - 60L (Thomas Fawcett) (118.2 EBC) Grain 0.2 %
28.00 gm Cluster [7.00%] (60 min) Hops 25.5 IBU
15.00 gm Cascade [5.50%] (20 min) Hops 3.6 IBU
10.00 gm Cascade [5.50%] (5 min) Hops 1.2 IBU
0.50 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs American Ale - US56 (DCL Yeast #US-56) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile Estimated Original Gravity: 1.047 SG (1.045-1.056 SG) Measured Original Gravity: 1.046 SG
Estimated Final Gravity: 1.014 SG (1.010-1.015 SG) Measured Final Gravity: 1.016 SG
Estimated Color: 7.9 EBC (7.9-21.7 EBC) Color [Color]
Bitterness: 30.3 IBU (20.0-40.0 IBU) Alpha Acid Units: 1.6 AAU
Estimated Alcohol by Volume: 4.4 % (4.5-5.7 %) Actual Alcohol by Volume: 3.9 %
Actual Calories: 435 cal/l

Mash Profile Name: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge Mash Tun Weight: 13.00 kg
Mash Grain Weight: 4.60 kg Mash PH: 5.4 PH
Grain Temperature: 22.2 C Sparge Temperature: 75.6 C
Sparge Water: 27.49 L Adjust Temp for Equipment: TRUE

Name Description Step Temp Step Time
Mash In Add 12.01 L of water at 76.9 C 67.8 C 60 min

Mash Notes
Simple single infusion mash for use with most modern well modified grains (about 95% of the time).
Carbonation and Storage Carbonation Type: Kegged (Forced CO2) Carbonation Volumes: 2.6 (2.3-2.8 vols)
Estimated Pressure: 89.1 KPA Kegging Temperature: 4.0 C
Pressure Used: Age for: 4.0 Weeks
Storage Temperature: 4.0 C

Notes
Racked to secondary 23 Nov. Kegged 30 Nov

Latest posts

Back