Well Done Shawn From Murray's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henno

Beermologist
Reaction score
I lashed out before Christmas and got an entire carton of Murray's Nirvana Pale Ale from the recently opened Dan Murphys in Bundaberg. A carton being 4 x 4packs. When I got it home it was bloody terrible. Something had gone hideously wrong with transport and storage. It was acidic and way over carbed making pouring it a chore.

I soldiered through it thinking it may be me but I can honestly say it was a ghastly procedure and I dreaded every mouthful after a while.

I contacted Murray's just to see if they were interested and Shawn wrote back and offered to replace the whole carton so I sent him my address and two days later it was here. And it was delish!

At the moment of writing this I am in the middle of sueing the mob in Bundaberg that fitted the dodgiest canopy in the world to my Hilux, I'm considering sueing the guy that built my $24,000 leaking dam that refuses to fix it and also Electrolux that sold me a vacuum cleaner that ripped up our lino floor. Don't get me started on how badly we've been treated by local plumbers and sparkies.

This then was a breath of fresh air. Finally somebody who gives a shit about how we think of their product and service! As a result I'll be buying their product and raving about them to anybody that will listen.

He didn't even ask for a receipt which most companies do. Now I come to think of it I should have told him I bought 2 dodgy cartons!

Thanks Shawn.

Nice, he did the same for me when I got some undercarbed IPA's

where possible, I now buy beers DIRECTLY from the brewery.

you just cant trust Dan's or anyone to store the beer correctly. Have never had an overcarbed beer or anything adfter doing this. All perfect.

Now when does this Sparticus go on sale!?? :)

Murray's is for sure an awesome brewery. Working just down the road it's great to head up at lunch time for a quick tap sample and a growler top up of Nirvana and Whale Ale.

Spartacus was pretty good, I heard that they only brew enough for a couple of kegs and it sold out in a weekend. I'm sure they'll do it a again.

Their hoppy wheat beer they brewed for the 2010 Warners at the Bay beer fest was also great.

Wish they had more control over Newcastle scenes to be able to have more beers on tap in town. They have Whale Ale at the dockyards and Nirvana at the Adamstown RSL.

Yeah they are fantastic when it comes to this, the real issue is with Dan Murphy's and the way they mistreat there stock find them very it and miss quality wise. Now prefer not to use them at all anymore, as I sick of wasting my money with them.

Buying direct from Murray's must be the best option as their beers a wonderful nice and fresh.

Yeah, for me, this really highlights why it's best to avoid large retailers and go straight to the source where possible...as well as highlighting how much of a champion Shaun, and the folks at Murrays are, but that's another story.

You really can't rely on retailers storing and handling beers in the ideal manner, particularly ones with lower turn over that have live yeast in the bottle and, inevitably, are prone to spoiling much more readily than commercial beer that has had the life filtered and finned out of it.
Sure it's not always the cheaper option, but for when spending a bit extra on a truely good quality product, why compromise!?

Spartacus was pretty good, I heard that they only brew enough for a couple of kegs and it sold out in a weekend. I'm sure they'll do it a again.

Spartacus is being bottles.. 400 cartons I think I read.. check the website...

and also Electrolux that sold me a vacuum cleaner that ripped up our lino floor.

Damn vacuum cleaners that suck! Good to hear you've had some luck. +1 for Shaun

Latest posts

Back