Wedding Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlin032

Reaction score
Well, I'm getting married in January, and I decided to brew some beer to give to our guests as a small leaving gift. It was a good exercise as it motivated me to get back into brewing, and I think it's a nice personal touch.

I settled on 4 beers, the first 3 are old favourites, the Marzen is an experiment (may or may not make the cut). Here is the line-up.

Significant Other - Brown Ale
Just Marzen - Marzen
Something Brewed - Golden Ale (something pretty similar to Dr Smurto's recipe I do believe)
Hoppily Ever After - IPA (can't help myself).

weddingbeers.jpg

Brilliant idea. And great looking labels too.

Congratulations on the pending marriage

Leaving gift? Usually the beer is to get them to show up!

Nice bottle arrangement.

For my wedding I provided 6 kegs, with the special addition of bottles of the "Imperial Wedding Stout", which was a 14%ABV russian imperial stout with brett C. added in secondary. A few "guests" are still bugging me to produce something equivalent nowadays, but I won't tell them I just got it lucky that it came out as well as it did :ph34r:

dent - I did that a couple of years ago for a house warming - 5 kegs gone in as many hours.

We've booked a venue at a winery and the grog was part of the package, alas, it will be commercial beer (it's Coopers Pale Ale & James Boags Premium so not all that bad).

Mate they look fantastic!

Attention to details.....the labels are dated 2013?

Whoops! They labels look great, shouldn't be too much of a drama to overlay the neck tags.
I really hope your guests appreciate them.

yep, the ones I photographed were the prototypes, the missus has "approved" the design with a few revisions (apparently "a shitload" of hops wasn't appropriate for a wedding label, who would have known...)

Should have started with a metric fuckload and bartered down to a shit load. Marriage is all about compromising back to what you wanted all along ;)

TSMill said:
Should have started with a metric fuckload and bartered down to a shit load. Marriage is all about compromising back to what you wanted all along ;)
Good advice mate, I;m gonna save that for Ron.

Latest posts

Back