• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NME69

Reaction score
Hi was wondering if any one has any beer taps to go on too a fridge?

I'm a cheeap bastered so it's got to be cheap, if not I have to use the beer gun

ive got a heap of 'sidebashers' that you can have cheap (no shank for through fridge though). PM me. i'll sell you 2 for $10 (plus postage)

ive got a heap of 'sidebashers' that you can have cheap (no shank for through fridge though). PM me. i'll sell you 2 for $10 (plus postage)

Any idea how much it would cost to put a shank on these??? I would be interested in two for a party setup.

What fitting is on the back end of the tap?

Cheers, Pok

Heya,
I got two questions
1. whats a side basher?
2. By lookin at the prices for taps, SS being a bit dearer than chrome plated brass, what can I expect from a SS that I wont get from a chrome? This is probably well known to most but not me so sorry if it is a stupid question.
Hope it's not too much of a hijack but I'm workin out the budget before presenting for approval and seen Craftbrewer have got a micromatic (fridge kit) that may help the cause.

wyatt

I got two questions

One of the old style taps that looks like a 'T' missing one of it sides. You swing the tap from side to side instead of up and down. Usually found on jockey boxes when you hire a keg or at old pubs.

If i can find a picture i will post a pic.

Pok

Hey POK you thinkin of gettin one of those? I'm not far from you if you are interested in splittin postage?

Hey POK you thinkin of gettin one of those? I'm not far from you if you are interested in splittin postage?

Yeh maybe. I sort of like the old school side basher taps for a party setup idea. But not sure how we would go fitting a shank to them and if it is cost effective.

Seeing the price of taps and shanks from the states, might be interesting to get some of them? Maybe order at the same time??? Postage in Aus is pretty cheap so considering one of us (or both) would have to drive to deliver the taps (the sidebashers) etc would be expensive compared to postage due to fuel costs these days...does this make sense???...unless you are in Cessnock or something...

Anyway shall look into it.

Cheers, Pok

Seeing the price of taps and shanks from the states, might be interesting to get some of them? Maybe order at the same time??? Postage in Aus is pretty cheap so considering one of us (or both) would have to drive to deliver the taps (the sidebashers) etc would be expensive compared to postage due to fuel costs these days...does this make sense???...unless you are in Cessnock or something...

Anyway shall look into it.

Cheers, Pok

Yeah, the US jobs might be the go. I was talkin bout these re the postage. Will have a poke around and see what the shipping charge is like and if there's much to be gained from doin it this way.
Anyhow, just a thought.

Even better
Thanks hoohaaman,got to check out frieght but sounds the go!

Batz

And the postage was much cheaper then I thought,but i think USPS has changed rates lately :(

But if you organise a bulk type thing,they are all to willing to help out,I'm sure

How do these taps go? You can get 4 for nearly same as a Celli! I checked the USPS for postage of 4 taps and apparently the cheapest would be $37. Sound about right?

The taps are fine low end taps,they are not a celli.But with that in mind,many commercial places run them.

They are made in India,not china surprisingly,I have six in my set up and as long as capped between sessions or used every night, are great low budget taps.

Cleaning is easy,I'd rather spend money on hops and grain then a fancy tap.But thats just me.If picnic taps poured at serving pressure without opening freezer ect.I'd have 10 of them ;)

Sounds good. I run two picnic taps at the moment and with a future upgrade to chest freezer i'll need new taps. These sound the go. I'd be keen to grab them while they're on special too.

Sounds good. I run two picnic taps at the moment and with a future upgrade to chest freezer i'll need new taps. These sound the go. I'd be keen to grab them while they're on special too.

Kram don't sweat the special,they have been this price for over 2 years mate ;)

Oh and have thought of upgrading taps often,but why spend money on something that justs work

Go for it,I wasn't disappointed.

I'm thinking of getting another two myself,just waiting for an excellent exchange rate :D

Back