• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Immersion Chiller And Ss False Bottom - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nguzowski

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently on the look out for a coiled copper immersion chiller and a stainless steel domed false bottom (up to 12") to suit a rubbermaid style mash tun.

If someone has either of these that they are looking to pass on in the Sydney area please let me know.

Cheers

Nick

Go to Polyaire and pick up some 3/8" or 1/2" copper coil and build a chiller :)

I went there a couple of months ago and got a roll for free that just had some mild damage

Just need some compression fittings and barbs which you can get from bunnings and roll it around a handy pail, keg or bucket

Hi DJR,

I have considered this, and I think if nothing pops up I will go ahead and do it. I watched a youtube video which was posted on another thread which showed a very simple construction method using a keg.

Are the coils available at any one of the "offices" listed on their website?

I think I'll just see if someone has one lying around first.

Cheers
Nick

Hi DJR,

I have considered this, and I think if nothing pops up I will go ahead and do it. I watched a youtube video which was posted on another thread which showed a very simple construction method using a keg.

Are the coils available at any one of the "offices" listed on their website?

I think I'll just see if someone has one lying around first.

Cheers
Nick

Yeah, the offices (Seven Hills etc) will have them. Mine was rated a bit thicker than the normal stuff... it's the R410A rated stuff.

See http://www.polyaire.com.au/copperprices.htm - should be $53 + GST for the R410A stuff, soft drawn, 1/2". Don't get the hard drawn, that is too hard. Soft annealed is pretty easy to work with, just don't bend it too much as it'll collapse and kink.

You can fill the pipe with sand first to make that easier or use a pipe bender for the pipe. Just remember to go slow and you should be right. Cut it to 9M or more, that is enough for up to 23L batches, you can go with the full 15M if you want to do double batches.

Mine has 1/2" compression fittings on each end, the comp fittings have male 20mm threads on them, which then just have standard plastic garden hose tap disconnects screwed on. Easy to use as the hoses just clip on.

How wide is your kettle? I have an immersion chiller I no longer use.

I use a 40L crown urn if BrewNoEvil doesn't want it or it doesn't fit I am interested. I should let him have first option considering he started this thread with the request first.
:icon_chickcheers:

Back