• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Hops Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitchpop

Reaction score
Anyone got any Hops their willing to sell me? I'm in Melbourne. :icon_cheers:

Haven't got any as mine are just new this year in the ground - saw a 'buy it now' price of $40 of one on Extortion bay last night for a Cascade Rhizome. Do a search under 'rhizome' on there and something at a more reasonable price might pop up today.

Unfortunately you're out of the prime rhizome season and most hops are plants now. The main time when people sell them is july - october, most came up for sale around August I found.

Lochrockingbeers had heaps for sale two weeks ago and is an AHB member. Try PM'ing him as he grows quite a range of hops from his base in Wagga.

Spoke to a guy at a Purvis Wine Tasting three weeks ago who said that he bought a hop plant from a nursery in Dromana. Don't really know anymore than that though he couldn't tell me the name of the nursery. Hadn't heard of any nurseries selling hops before this (other than native hop bushes which aren't really brewing hops).

Hopper.

Spoke to a guy at a Purvis Wine Tasting three weeks ago who said that he bought a hop plant from a nursery in Dromana. Don't really know anymore than that though he couldn't tell me the name of the nursery. Hadn't heard of any nurseries selling hops before this (other than native hop bushes which aren't really brewing hops).
Hopper.

Most likely from Digger's Club, I believe they sell ornamental hop plants.

Most likely from Digger's Club, I believe they sell ornamental hop plants.

Yeah. Had me puzzled. The guy was a rep from Snowy Breweries and said he had bought a 'Golden' Hop plant. When I pressed him as to whether it was a Goldings or a Golden Cluster he said he couldn't remember and that it had died! He said he overwatered it! I asked him if it was a brewing hop plant and he said it was - but seemed a little vague :blink:

Had seen some stuff somewhere about the Diggers Club mentioning hops - possibly on a gardening forum but it never said what kind of hops they were selling. Now it all becomes clear.

Cheers!

Hopper.

Anyone got any Hops their willing to sell me? I'm in Melbourne. :icon_cheers:

I noticed on ebay a group in WA selling these - not sure if the price is viable but there are a few posts so they seem to sell on a regular basis

Glitchpop, here's one on evil bay at a more decent price - is a hop plant too so easier to grow. Doesn't say what type of hop plant it is though might have to email them.

Link:Hop Plant

Good luck, or you could wait till next year and get one for free from one of us on the hop register.

Hopper.

Back