Wanted: Cheap Used Co2 Extinguisher (melbourne)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidp

Reaction score
Like many others I've been left a bit high and dry with the discontinuation of the $17 p/a CO2 rental deal by AL, with my rental agreement expiring at the end of the month.

I really can't justify the hike in rental given my consumption levels, though it kills me to return a bottle that is 2/3 full. I'd really like to move to a MyKegsOnLegs cylinder, but its a steep investment at the moment.

I've been hunting around for an extinguisher instead, with United Fire Services in Moorabbin offering a new cylinder for around $250. It's not an unreasonable deal, but not a huge difference to a MKoL cylinder -- I'd still prefer to track down something a little more affordable.

Does anyone have any leads or suggestions as to where I might find a used extinguisher in the Melbourne area? All these tales of $100 extinguishers have me envious.

-- Dave

All these tales of $100 extinguishers have me envious.

-- Dave

Have you rung around? I ended up talking to a guy who worked out the back of chubb fire protection and he did me a cash in hand deal... I dont think chubb ever saw the money :D

$100 for a second hand 3.5kg cylinder, certified, dip tube removed and filled.

I plan to ring around, but I usually get a bit stuck with being car-less - one of the perils of inner city living. Usually means things have to be kept above board as delivery has to be arranged for anything I can't fit on the back of my bike :D. A lift from a mate would normally be the go, but its just bad timing atm (uni exams and whatnot).

Back