• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted 500ml European Bottles In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I prefer the 500ml bottle size for casual drinking to stubbies and longnecks.
I am wondering if anyone has any 0.5l bottles they are willing to to part with?
I am happy to pickup, pay or swap.

Please let me know what quantity you are keen to part with, if they are dirty, semi cleaned or cleaned and where you live.
I am happy with up to 200 (SWMBO thinks 20 but what would she know).

Thanks

Roller997

Let me have a look at how many are clean or cleanable. I've been collecting but don't seem to use.

I'll let you know after the weekend but something around the 50+ mark is likely.

Let me have a look at how many are clean or cleanable. I've been collecting but don't seem to use.

I'll let you know after the weekend but something around the 50+ mark is likely.

It is a size that doesn't suit everyone but I prefer it.
That would be great. If you send me a message on where you live and what you want for them that would be great.

Thanks

Roller997

There'll be no cost. I bottle mainly into longnecks with a few testers into the 500 mL but I don't need anywhere near as many as I have. Give me till Sunday to check it out and I'll let you know how many I have.

if by europen you mean swing top there is some on ebay at the moment, i think it was $120 for 102 bottles in rowville.

if by europen you mean swing top there is some on ebay at the moment, i think it was $120 for 102 bottles in rowville.

Thanks for that. I will check it out.
No, in terms of european I mean 500ml bottles with standard seals.
>99% of bottles sold in Germany, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic are 500ml bottles. There are no 750ml bottles and 1% odd might be 330ml or 345ml, hence the reference to european bottles.
Very few of them have siwng tops and would I prefer standard seal instead of a swing top. I don't object to swing tops but I just don't like them as much.
The best bottles are ex Wheat beer bottles as they are built to withstand greater carbonation pressure. Grolsch bottles or similar are more built for design than function.

Thanks

Roller997

There'll be no cost. I bottle mainly into longnecks with a few testers into the 500 mL but I don't need anywhere near as many as I have. Give me till Sunday to check it out and I'll let you know how many I have.

Thanks again Manticle for the offer and as you have quite a few, I don't need to look any further for the moment as this will be enough for the brew I have.
I will bring the few longneck bottles along when I pick them up, since I hardly use them.

The majority of mine are schofferhoffer and erdinger dunkels so that should suit. A good whack are Zyviecs (polish lager) and then the rest are made up of German pils, some English ales and about 6 swing tops.

Back