Volume Brewed 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decline to divolge as it may Incriminate me :p

20 litres of Ginger beer and 20l of pale ale...that is it!!!!

Now I have built my house and have a 3 bay shed with 2 fridges and a sink the brewing will be in full swing for 2010......the year of beer!

edit speeling

20 litres of Ginger beer and 20l of pale ale...that is it!!!!

Now I have built my house and have a 3 bay shed with 2 fridges and a sink the brewing will be in full swing for 2010......the year of beer!

edit speeling

Sounds like 2010 litres for 2010 - good to keep the figures nice and round.
87 batches @ 23 litres....sounds like a good personal challenge lol.

I don't know how you guys find the time to brew this much! That's almost one batch every week!

I had a quick look last night and I did 10 17L batches for myself. I am a bit of a lightweight it seems... :rolleyes:

I make a point of getting up on one of my weekly RDOs at 6am (generally the little one will demand this anyway)

The day before I weigh and crush my grain into a sealed bucket, measure up my strike/sparge water, leaving the strike in the urn on a timer to turn on at 5:30am.

This sees mashing in by 6:30am, and generally cleaned and packed up by 10:30am.

I make a point of getting up on one of my weekly RDOs at 6am (generally the little one will demand this anyway)

The day before I weigh and crush my grain into a sealed bucket, measure up my strike/sparge water, leaving the strike in the urn on a timer to turn on at 5:30am.

+1

I work sixty hour weeks so im not home much and when i am i try to spend time with the kids so i set up the day before and mash in at 6am all done by 11

Cheers
KHB

+2

Last year I made 32 batches @ 23 litres = 736. Most of it my brother in law drank, I should never have taught him how to fill his own bottles from my kegs....

Hmmm, just got home and checked beersmith and in round figures 1200L.

Damn, I must have spilled a lot :ph34r:

Mantis, did you check BS by simply adding each batch together or is there actually a report?

Just checked- not counting an infected cider, I brewed 650L this year. A fair effort, I'd say.

EDIT: That counts the beer in the fermenter now, of course.

+1

I work sixty hour weeks so im not home much and when i am i try to spend time with the kids so i set up the day before and mash in at 6am all done by 11

Cheers
KHB

Yep, I've known KHB for a while now, but known his SWAMBO a little longer :ph34r: :lol: Its a PITA for me to try and keep track of your hours :lol:

BYB

My 2009 tally stands at

All Grain - 456 L
Partials - 92 L
K + K - 212 L

so all up 760 litres

Paul

...And I reckon at least half of that was consumed at the Xmas Case Swap Ned! :p

Cheers

Just been over my notes.
Knew it had been a quieter year on the brewing front.
Looks like I only nudged 700 litres this year.
I guess, that goes hand in hand with keeping the fitness and health up.
Anticipate that 2010 will be about the same.

Doc

1320 litres, but I had help drinking alot of it

Back