Voice of the Velvet underground Lou Reed dies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Venus in Furs - amazing. Sorry to see him go. Thanks Lou. If you never have seen them track down some footage of their early gigs with the light shows.

One of the constants on my turntable as a kid growing up. Funny how the drugs don't always kill you like you think they will.

Never a fan of his music but a big fan of many bands he influenced directly and indirectly. An essential part of musical history.

Probably not a very appropriate time to question whether the liver he was given could have been better utilised if it had been transplanted into a child.

And the couloured girls go...do, do do, do do, do......

RIP Lou...no longer walking on the wild side....

Black Devil Dog said:
Probably not a very appropriate time to question whether the liver he was given could have been better utilised if it had been transplanted into a child.

Because young people are worth more than old people?

What if the young person grows up to be a serial killer?

Or a priest?

But what if they go on to find a cure for cancer?

Or perfect fusion energy?

Transplant lotto really is a zero sum game innut?

He was not a Tribe Called Quest fan.

I am personally not a big fan of his music, but I am impressed where he fits into the art world.

manticle said:
Because young people are worth more than old people?

What if the young person grows up to be a serial killer?

Or a priest?
Come on, even his wife said that it was unlikely he would ever fully recover from it. FFS no one can live forever.

A young person may or may not become anything, but it would be a shame if they died because someone who has lived a full life and a life full of excess, used up a precious and rare resource like a donated body part.

Black Devil Dog said:
Come on, even his wife said that it was unlikely he would ever fully recover from it. FFS no one can live forever.

A young person may or may not become anything, but it would be a shame if they died because someone who has lived a full life and a life full of excess, used up a precious and rare resource like a donated body part.
Don't get grumpy. My tongue is in my cheek at least a little bit.

Still whether or not he used his body as a temple, he did contribute to society in a hell of a big way and left a good legacy

I was a fan of Velvet Underground back in my Uni days. I thought I'd found something new back then, haha.
Admittedly a liver transplant would've been more use in a kid than a 70yo. The health industry spends a fortune keeping oldies alive that don't know or care. More bang for your buck spending in younger folk. I'll bet $100 he induced the need for a transplant by contracting HepC after sharing a needle

Dear God

We wish to trade Lou Reed for Justin Beiber,One Direction and all the other current top 10 wannabe's

Signed

The World.

Latest posts

Back