VIC: XMAS in July 2013 case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charst said:
RE: Brewing on the day. I'd love to be involved. Have a bit of Mariss Otter I can contribute.
Not sure im ready to run the show. First mate perhaps.

Would be good to have something to pay attention to, maybe not get so pissed so early in the piece this time.
You cant brew on the day until you have earned your stripes by catching a 120L mash tun full of hot water and grains that falls off a colapsed table.

The only person that has that badge is manticle unfortuantly, everyone else lost their stripes that day including myself. Jumped the gates too early that day with Casey Stoner, cooked that ******* beast of a lamb to perfection though!

I haven't bottled since I got my kegerator over a year ago & forgot how much a pain in the ass it is.

Lost my bottling wand so I bought another one. When I dragged the fermenter out of the fridge I realised I'd put it in an FV with no friggin' tap, off to buy a syphon today. All the bottles I had are manky AS, thinking about just buying some PET bottles & be done with it

jeez this beer better be bloody delicious

breakbeer said:
When I dragged the fermenter out of the fridge I realised I'd put it in an FV with no friggin' tap, off to buy a syphon today.
To be fair, you would have needed a syphon anyway?

5 fermenters, ONE without a tap. wouldn't need a syphon at all if I'd used one of the others

How is everyone getting to Cockatoo and then home?
I live on Camberwell and am happy to be picked up (don't know how to put the appropriate emoticon in) or split a cab, maxicab?

Personally, will be pitching the tent and staying the night and drive back the following day. Much easier to bed down when the need to fall over arises.

manticle said:
Lingerie football wasn't enough last time?

Mild Arousal only adds to my drinking.

No stripes to earn hopefully. Sturdy tables are a must.

Yob said:
Personally, will be pitching the tent and staying the night and drive back the following day. Much easier to bed down when the need to fall over arises.
Hope you've got a sleeping bag recommended for everest, will be mighty cold

meathead said:
How is everyone getting to Cockatoo and then home?
I live on Camberwell and am happy to be picked up (don't know how to put the appropriate emoticon in) or split a cab, maxicab?
I was wondering this myself. I am just over in Burwood and have been to Breakbeers house before so I know I don't want to pay for a taxi. To be a designated driver at one of these events sounds crippling. Perhaps if I were to drive I need a badge or something.

Petrol money might be asked for if I were driving others, but if you are willing :)

I wouldn't recommend getting a taxi, unless you've recently won the lotto

Plenty of room for tents & even a couple of spare beds on offer. As meathead said, it gets bloody cold up there. Everest style sleeping bags are suggested

Edak said:
I was wondering this myself. I am just over in Burwood and have been to Breakbeers house before so I know I don't want to pay for a taxi. To be a designated driver at one of these events sounds crippling. Perhaps if I were to drive I need a badge or something.
Petrol money might be asked for if I were driving others, but if you are willing :)
I'm happy to organise a cab/maxicab along burwood hwy toorak rd. it would be about $90 each way from camberwell
But depends on what sort of interest we get

i doubt i'll be staying long after the swap, its not that far but i can drive anyone from around springvale/dandenong.

unless you want to come back with me after a few hours it's a one way trip though

manticle said:
Have you seen Yob? He's a Yeti
my big beautiful beard will protect me..

breakbeer said:
I wouldn't recommend getting a taxi, unless you've recently won the lotto

Plenty of room for tents & even a couple of spare beds on offer. As meathead said, it gets bloody cold up there. Everest style sleeping bags are suggested
Tent has a nice blow up mattie, couple of doonahs etc... the only thing that would blow it would be if it's pissin down on the day... room to throw out the mattie in the/a shed if needs be?

yeah mate, I even have an unused carport that you could set up under if it's raining

Hullo there

im posting up on JBs behalf ...... can this also be added to the list

he will be submitting / brewing

APA Caramel English Bitter Golden Ale

thanks Mick

micbrew said:
Hullo there

im posting up on JBs behalf ...... can this also be added to the list

he will be submitting / brewing

APA Caramel English Bitter Golden Ale

thanks Mick

Im confused about what he's intending to swap...

APA
English Bitter?
Golden Ale?

Is he brewing all 3 and the others he's bringing? It's normal to swap one style/batch of beer not mix and match so that everybody receives the same beer.

:icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back