VIC 2013 July Case Swap - tasting thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the gushing.

I was worried about that, in the week before the swap i cracked the seals a few times to degas a bit.

I reckon the passage of time has recarbed it up.

Recipe is posted in another three, but this stupid android galaxy tab does like letting me post links

I agree with the comments on the lack of cherry flavour, and the coconut isnt there at all.

My opinion is that (apart from the gushing) it was ok, but nothing like the cherry ripe it was meant to.

Thanks for feedback

technobabble66 said:
11 Yob - English something bastardised (WY1318)

Another i'd love the recipe for - though i'd personally drop a couple of IBUs ;-)
Recipe :blink: what is this thing you call a recipe? :lol:

Will talk you through it when I see you mate

:icon_cheers:

GrumpyPaul said:
Sorry about the gushing.

No sweat, i wasn't stressed about it tbh. I was partly writing the reviews as an attempt at an objective critique. I've actually been really impressed with all of the beers from the swap so far. The gushing might've been a good thing, really - in the sense that if it had reverted to a little over-carbed, the gushing at the start drew a lot of it out, then it settled to a more subdued (& good) level of carb!

GrumpyPaul said:
I agree with the comments on the lack of cherry flavour, and the coconut isnt there at all.

My opinion is that (apart from the gushing) it was ok, but nothing like the cherry ripe it was meant to.

Thanks for feedback
Sorry - didn't get any coconut. I would've been super impressed if it was present though..
Totally agree - i thought it was great; and as mentioned, i was quite fond of that subtle tartness that was present. B)

Yob said:
Recipe. what is this thing you call a recipe?

Will talk you through it when I see you mate
Looking forward to it. :drinks:

Latest posts

Back