Unsure, Help Please.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one thing others havent mentioned is the inclusion of the light malt powder, which will increase your finishing gravity

yeah but 100g isnt much it should go below 1010. leave a brew for 10 days then check gravity then check 3 days later if its the same (and within the graivty you expect) then I would bottle. But as I say if your not in a hurry leaving it there longer wont hurt.

Cooling it down will benifit but do some more brews get your process down. You will find when it warms up you will need a fridge or a water bath with ice block/frozen water bottles added. Find a cheap/free fridge get a stc 1000 and your set. Just set the temp and come back 10 days later.

edit: there is a kit and extract spreadsheet here search for it. great bit of gear.

Ditto. Thanks for the info mate.

To you it may of. Turn the clock back to when you were at this stage of brewing ( maybe yesterday) and have a good look to see if your reply ,the way it was worded, would of helped?

Hmmmm

Oreeeeealy ? Do do think my AHB membership date denotes years of brewing ? Well mate in this case you're way off the mark. I stopped counting the number of brews under my belt a few years ago.

As for the response, you underestimate this chap's understanding if you think my answer was too hard for him to comprehend. Clearly he's on the pulse, has a bit of nous about whats going on wit gravity readings etc. You should give new brewers more credit (sometimes - not when theyre just whores for information who need their hand held LOL)

You owe me a pint, Brad, for being such a big meany-pants.

Oreeeeealy ? Do do think my AHB membership date denotes years of brewing ?

No! Just the quality of your posts.

As for the response, you underestimate this chap's understanding if you think my answer was too hard for him to comprehend. Clearly he's on the pulse, has a bit of nous about whats going on wit gravity readings etc. You should give new brewers more credit (sometimes - not when theyre just whores for information who need their hand held LOL)

Yet you tell him to rely on hydro readings? When its already sitting at 1011 for three days. ( this is where the reading of OP thing was)

You owe me a pint, Brad, for being such a big meany-pants.

No worries anytime your in this area I'll shout you a pint.

Back