Two Can Of Cascade Imperial Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deja_vu

Reaction score
Bought two cans of this at coles as on special at the moment, so I thought I'd try my first toucan. I'm thinking I bought the wrong kit for the purpose, tasted pretty bitter once I mixed it up. Added 500 grams dextrose for a 23 litre batch and using s-05 yeast.

Had a look at various threads couldn't find much about this kit, what do you reckon, will it be too bitter?

Not sure about the bitterness, although if you replace that 500g of dextrose for 500g of dry malt, that may balance the overall flavour of the beer with the malt sweetness.
If you add hops, i'd recommend something just for aromatic purposes.

Thanks Muggas, too late for that i think she's just started bubbling.

Mt Colah hey? I'm just across the valley at hornsby heights, good to hear from a local!

2 x Cascade imperial Voyage PA,
0.45kg dex.
Kit yeast x2. (No action after 36hr so added 0.2L Wyeast1098 yeastcake).
28L about 4.5%.

awsome brew for the simplicity of it. I think its Dr Smurto's recipe. so clean and clear.

Yeah i saw that recipe, but i'm making 5 litres less and using the same amount of ingredients. I'm still a noob, never done a toucan, we'll see how it goes then

Yeah i saw that recipe, but i'm making 5 litres less and using the same amount of ingredients. I'm still a noob, never done a toucan, we'll see how it goes then
only differance will be thats its slightly thicker and more % alc (ie 6.6%)

Latest posts

Back