• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Tri-clover Fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of my point - even with the "makes me feel special" move... it takes two hands to work a tri-clover. I spent a chunk of time today playing with a 1 1/2 inch tri-clover (smallest I could get my mitts on) and no matter how I worked it, its a two handed operation. Hand A holds hose,
Hand B places gasket on one of the faces, Hand A presses the faces together, Hand B retrieves the clamp from wherever you had it resting unless you have a Hand C, flicks it around and screws it shut.

hand b retrieves the clamp? you put it down? pfft, amateur :p

I wouldn't use them at home either, but I reckon I could connect a half-inch triclover without putting my beer down.

Sorry to dig up an old thread guys, but where would one source tri-clover fittings in Australia? The RIMS I ordered from OS came with them and I need to source a few misc fittings to get it over the line.

Depends on size, but site sponsor Mashmaster has some.

Digging up an old thread again..

Looking to use a triclover fitting on a sanke keg outlet, 2inch to 1/2inch ferrule for a bottom draining MLT.
Does anyone know if they simply clamp on using a triclover ferrule, clamp and gasket?

I see the they are very popular in the States but cannot for the life of me find out if they have to modify the Sanke flange or if they just attach onto the stock standard Sanke outlet.

Want to keep it weldless.

Digging up an old thread again..

Looking to use a triclover fitting on a sanke keg outlet, 2inch to 1/2inch ferrule for a bottom draining MLT.
Does anyone know if they simply clamp on using a triclover ferrule, clamp and gasket?

I see the they are very popular in the States but cannot for the life of me find out if they have to modify the Sanke flange or if they just attach onto the stock standard Sanke outlet.

Want to keep it weldless.

To answer my own question i finally found a discussion on a US site explaining that the triclover fitting will attach straight onto a Sanke outlet with a small mod to the gasket required...problem solved.

Yep it works just fine, though I haven't had to modify the gasket.

yep a 2" triclover clamp and normal gasket will fit and hold pressure.

I have a few 30lt kegs that have a coupling diameter of 2 7/8" or 70mm, does anyone know if there is a triclover fitting of this size available?

Cheers
Batz

Back