Top Ten Brewers Albums

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobW said:
I wonder how he would have gone if the Stones had taken him instead of Ron Wood.
[post="98382"][/post]​

Or more a case of wondering how much better the Stones would have remained if they'd kept Mick Taylor on board instead of "Mini Keith Wood". :beerbang:

Warren -

Not a Woody fan then Warren?

Any coincidence their music went a little too formulaic from Black and Blue onwards? Add to that IMO their 5 best albums spanned the Mick Taylor era, particularly Exile on Main Street :beerbang: . My opinion only and totally open to conjecture. ;)

Warren -

Oh I forgot. Nothing against Ron Wood per se. Just sobered the stones lineup up too much. Put him back into the Jeff Beck Group (with Rod Stewart) then you've got some very beautifully balanced/chunky blues. :beerbang: In short I think that Ron Wood and Rod Stewart were a great pairing. When they parted ways their music suffered. Not commercially but artistically. :eek:

Happened to a lot of them. Just think of Clapton post Cream. That slow hand just seemed slower and more boring. Saw Clapton live about 20 years ago and have to admit it was the most boring concert I'd ever been to. He was that drunk he kept butting his face into the mike. Thank goodness Tommy Emannuel kept it alive via the support act. <_<

Warren -

no particalur order.

floyd - the division bell
tom petty - wildflowers
john lee hooker - chill out
john lee hooker - the healer
neil young - harvest
george thorogood - bad to the bone
SRV tribute album - bb king, buddy guy, robert cray etc B)
floyd - a momentary lapse of reason
SRV - the sky is cryin
animals - the most of

cheers

warrenlw63 said:
Any coincidence their music went a little too formulaic from Black and Blue onwards? Add to that IMO their 5 best albums spanned the Mick Taylor era, particularly Exile on Main Street :beerbang: . My opinion only and totally open to conjecture. ;)

Warren -
[post="98410"][/post]​

Totally agree with you but how much influence do you reckon Ronnie had on the quality of the songs? Not more a case of the Glimmer twins running out of steam? And Keith was having more than his share of problems too.

Yeah, have to agree.

Maybe Mick Taylor had to hit the road. :( Was there the possiblity that he was overqualified for the job? :lol: Think that maybe the world wanted more of Keith Richards' oft overused and abused signature open G chords.

Warren -

Wasn't it their manager who called them "my little 3 chord wonders"

With regard to the Stones, its always amazed me that they have kept going. I mean they are so wealthy that they could buy most of the worlds beer resources and given that they were at the centre of the revolutions of the 60s and 70s today's scene must look a little pallid. You'd think that trying to re-live your hedonistic youth would start to wear a bit thin once you'd hit 60 ... still good on 'em I suppose, they probably still have some fairly amazing experiences, by my standards anyway.

yard glass said:
tom petty - wildflowers
[post="98413"][/post]​

man that album is unbloody real, most certainly in my top twenty.

As far as all this stones chatter goes all i have to say is if they didn't kill bryan.............................

Paint it black
Jayse

pbrosnan said:
With regard to the Stones, its always amazed me that they have kept going. I mean they are so wealthy that they could buy most of the worlds beer resources and given that they were at the centre of the revolutions of the 60s and 70s today's scene must look a little pallid. You'd think that trying to re-live your hedonistic youth would start to wear a bit thin once you'd hit 60 ... still good on 'em I suppose, they probably still have some fairly amazing experiences, by my standards anyway.
[post="98584"][/post]​

It probably comes from the blues & jazz roots that they (especially Keith & Charlie) have where they don't see age as a factor. The way guys like Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker & BB King just keep/kept playing all their lives.

Yep, they're not stupid. Take a look at most people who retire at say 65 and do nothing post work.

Not really a good thing. Use it or lose it. ;)

Warren -

Latest posts

Back