Thoughts on BIAB Kettle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
BIAB consists of lots of waiting around while things happen, punctuated by brief bursts of panic
classic. 100% spot on there Bribie haha. love it. i read that and thought...shit...you're right :lol:

I'm also looking at moving from kits into BIAB and have had my eye on the 70L pot from craftbrewer (no affiliation) as I want to be able to do double batches. Anyone know how these pots go with a gas burner heating them? Have seen a similar sized pot with a triple layer bottom for about $50 more but not sure if it is worth the difference.

The thermometer only has a 2 inch stem according to the item description so won't be a problem, I have a 3 inch stem on my small 20L BIAB pot and it is fine. I say go for it, looks nice to me you can do double batches too. :beerbang:

contrarian said:
I'm also looking at moving from kits into BIAB and have had my eye on the 70L pot from craftbrewer (no affiliation) as I want to be able to do double batches. Anyone know how these pots go with a gas burner heating them? Have seen a similar sized pot with a triple layer bottom for about $50 more but not sure if it is worth the difference.
I use it with a gas burner and have no trouble.

G'day,

I just spent 10 minutes typing a reply to this thread, only to somehow lose it. Oh well here goes again LOL.

I still have not decided on a kettle, however I found this while surfing last night. Similar price to Craftbrewer one, but with a sandwich base (am I right to think that this should be better for a gas burner?), pre-drilled same as CB and marginally bigger. The shop seems to have a pretty god rep with the Brissy brewers, at least from what I've read here, although there is not much posted about the on-line experiences. This would work out to a similar price to the one from the states once you factor in the ball valve and thermometer, although I probably won't worry about the thermo for BIAB, and this one is 15L bigger so would do double batches more easily.

In the meantime I am going to have a crack at a Maxi BIAB on the stove with my 19L Big W special. I am thinking a Golden Promise with Saaz or Perle SMASH.

Thanks for all the input so far, I really do appriciate it.

Regards,

Andrew.

Latest posts

Back