Thirroul Seaside Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_Mills

The Old Man of Brew
Reaction score
Munting Ilog, Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Hi All
The IBU's (Illawarra Brewers Union) have decided to run a National Homebrew Competition in Late March early April in conjuntion with The Thirroul Seaside Festival.ates
Its a large Festival just South of Sydney and has a huge amount of Press and TV Coverage. The club will have a stall at the festival and tasting for those interested.
We have permission to run the competition and it will have a limited number of styles for this year.
The competition will be registed with the BJCP and all judging will be within the BJCP guidelines and judged by the the new Australian qualified BJCP judges.
At this early stage we are thinking of 4 Beer Styles. We hope to make this an annual event and as it grows the styles will grow.
Will keep you all posted soon of the competition details, Styles, dates and entry information.
Cheers
Ray

It sounds good, will hopefully be AG by then :D

It'll help fill in the gap left by Bathurst....

Look forward to hearing more... :)

Cool, this will hopefully be my first comp, cant wait :super:

Likewise Jye,

If only I could stop drinking the better beers I make! Will be hard to set them aside for comps. I think I can, I know I can :lol:

Thanks to the IBU's for putting it together, top work! :super:

Cheers,
Jarrad

even the slightest hint as to the 4 styles Ray..? :beer:

IF Ray is entering there will have to be a Belgian section - that is to cover the weird and funky flavours Ray has been producing from his place lately.

Maybe for Ray sake there could be a category just for Lacto infections....

Well done IBUs
I missed the last one down there
should be there for this can,t wait
:super:
:beer:
BS

bindi said:
Tempting <_< but will I waste beer on "judges" :angry: :D
[post="96497"][/post]​

Why not become a judge yourself? :)

Berp.

this is excellant news ray.i was really looking forward to the bathurst comp again so was saddened to hear of its demise.
will be eagerly awaiting news of the styles and any other info.

cheers
big d

Oh yeah ya can count me in ,as i'm only new to this sport i will be keen ta see what the pro HB's are doin.... :beer:

Back