The Regatta Hotel, Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Reaction score
I'd like to send out a big F#*k You!! to The Regatta Hotel.

Last night there were 9 of us guys out on the town celebrating Jye's bucks night. It was only early and all was going just fine until we reach The Regatta Hotel. The places we had been to before hand were somewhat ordinary, so we were keen to The Regatta for some decent beer. This had been one of my favourite places, until now.

We walked in ordered some beer and hot food, and sat down out of the way in the outdoor section to enjoy some beers and chat. I hadn't met some of the guys until tonight, but I think it was fairly safe to say that it was going to be a fairly mellow night, and so far it had been.

5 mins into the first beer, some employee (looked like the floor/bar manager) came over and asks us to leave because they don't allow bucks groups in, despite not having a bouncer at the door, nor advertising the fact on the door entry conditions (jeez, I wonder why). Not to cause a fuss we told him that we would finish our drinks then leave. He then walked away.

Following that we had a security staff visit us twice to hurry us on. We found out from 'Mr Security' that they had an incident with a bucks party which ended in a mass brawl with security. I so wish my recorded audio I took of Mr Securities speal come out, but there was too much background noise. :angry:

So what it boiled down to was that we were being discriminated against for past bucks party incidents and The Regatta Hotel's pre-conception of what they thought we were going to be like. Kinda like the movie The Minority Report.

I will be writing a formal complaint to the management too about their discrimination.

So once again a very big F#*k You!! to The Regatta Hotel, you bunch of ass-hats. You have lost my future business.

On a lighter note read on for my very positive review of the place we moved onto next, The Coro.

Of course you don't have to do 23 litre batches.
Two possible options, as you are already mashing 3kg of grain and presumably you have a boiler large enough to accomodate wort created.
One..make only a 15 -18 litre batch
Two..make 15 litres of higher gravity wort and dilute it into the fermentor (a la the beer cubes).
Before I got my 120 litre boiler I often brewed at 1060 plus and diluted to 1045.
Welcome to AG

Kurtz

The Regatta used to be cool; it used to be about the music man. Now they get so many people they can judge everyone as much as they like.

I was there for the first few Friday Night Cheap Premiums (they were $2 I recall; now they are $3.50 or so), when nobody knew about them. Great times; used to go downstairs after 7pm for some nicer beers and spirits. However, that's all changed. Far too many people, which basically gives them a license to judge you. And judge they do. :(

urg, the Regatta? That place is pretty much the benchmark for soulless gentrification.

Congraduations to Jye. His been keeping that little bit of gossip to himself.

After a great weekend this was the only downer, 10 pubs for the night and we were only kicked out of one and denied entry to another (Irish Murphys :blink: )

The floor manager was a massive wanker and didnt handle it very well at all... the Security guard he sent over to hurry us up was a joke, one skinny little bloke (he was skinner than you Chad :lol: ) to eject 9 guys having a mid-afternoon beer.

Anyway I got what I went there for, St Arnou Pale Ale :chug:

... nothing more to say about the weekend :D

Of course you don't have to do 23 litre batches.
Two possible options, as you are already mashing 3kg of grain and presumably you have a boiler large enough to accomodate wort created.
One..make only a 15 -18 litre batch
Two..make 15 litres of higher gravity wort and dilute it into the fermentor (a la the beer cubes).
Before I got my 120 litre boiler I often brewed at 1060 plus and diluted to 1045.
Welcome to AG

Kurtz

The Regatta used to be cool; it used to be about the music man. Now they get so many people they can judge everyone as much as they like.

I was there for the first few Friday Night Cheap Premiums (they were $2 I recall; now they are $3.50 or so), when nobody knew about them. Great times; used to go downstairs after 7pm for some nicer beers and spirits. However, that's all changed. Far too many people, which basically gives them a license to judge you. And judge they do. :(

:blink: where did the quote come from?

[/quote]

:blink: where did the quote come from?
[/quote]
What quote :blink:

Back