The New 'kegerator'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Squire

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I might just post up the picks of the backyard beer dispenser I put together over my christmas break. Cheap project in the end:

Fridge- nothing, freebie from 'SWMBO's' folks

Font- nothing, free 3in stainless tube offcut. Cut and welded with base plate at work.

Tap- around $95 from memory, GMK of course (cheers Ken)

Keg- $85 - LHBS

Gas - Air Liquide $18 per year

Reg, Pressure Guage, Hose and fittings - sourced for free.

Cheers :beer: ,

JS

PS. Since the photos were taken, a timber outdoor bar has been installed across the front of the fridge. Deck now looks complete! :beerbang:
CIMG0694.JPG
CIMG0696.JPG
CIMG0697.JPG
CIMG0699.JPG

Nice work on the font :beerbang:

Looks like that fridge could fit 2, maybe 4 kegs? If so you could make a killer soccer goal font to go on top :super:

a nice looking setup you have there...

I have a similar setup but sourced the font through GMK (as well as a lot of other bits) .. I think I have the same fridge too.

Does your compressor run constantly?

Hey Razz, yeah the Father in law does alright!

Manaen... nope. Compressor not running any more than it was prior to the keg system. Sounds like you must be losing a lot of the cold air out of the fridge somewhere... perhaps you have too big of a hole through the fridge to the font???

Without insulation the font will dissapate a lot of the cool air and put more pressure on the fridges compressor.

Regards,

JS

Very nice - love to see pics of the different setups you guys make...

Latest posts

Back