The keezer is finally up and running

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyb’s

Reaction score
I started my kegging journey started about 6 months ago, I hadn’t brewed in years and I thought this time I’d just skip bottles and go straight for kegs!
I’m happy with the outcome, it’s a custom piece of furniture not just an appliance but at the same time I didn’t think it was going to cost as much as it did.

I am however having a slight problem with foam, I went flow control taps to try to eliminate the need for excess beer line but I’m thinking these might be a bit of a gimmick. I was running a Pluto gun from the fridge with no issues once I balanced the lines.

Attachments

• IMG_3319.JPG
    IMG_3319.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 151
Are you cooling the tower?
Mine is like yours - has a fan pulling air in, a fan pushing air out and another one down in the chest bit just circulating

Are you cooling the tower?
Mine is like yours - has a fan pulling air in, a fan pushing air out and another one down in the chest bit just circulating

I have 2 fans pumping air in which is then pushed out through the central hole where the beer lines run through. The air space in the tower is quite small as I added a thick layer of insulation.
I don’t have a fan circulating the freezer but I could easily reroute one of the ones from the tower.

Have you tested the temp in the tower? It may not be forcing enough air in as the air has nowhere to come out.
My tower has an in hole and and out hole for air

Have you tested the temp in the tower? It may not be forcing enough air in as the air has nowhere to come out.
My tower has an in hole and and out hole for air

I haven’t tested the temp in the tower I might have to check it out.
I have 3 holes going into the tower, a fan is pumping air into both side up to the shanks then the central hole for the lines, there is plenty of room for the air to return through the central hole, I purposely cut it big so It could be used to return to air to the freezer

I’m thinking maybe it could be the brew itself. I recently moved to broome and as far as I can tell there aren’t any home brew shops here and all I could find was a very small selection of coopers kits at Woolworths and these brew in a bag kit at the tobacconist so I got 3 of the brew In a bag kits, I didn’t have very high hopes for them but I thought it was better to be brewing something then nothing. Basically they are meant to carb up in the bag and you drink from the bag, after the recommended 30 day fermentation and carb time they were all still flat like I thought they would be, I was always going to keg them so I wasn’t to worried I put them on gas and they carbed up alright.

Back