The "gulf Brewery"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the pils at the FAD on Friday after the footy.

It was gooood! So was the pils ;)

They waived the door charge (basically I gatecrashed a private do) cos I said I knew the brewer :beer: .

Pedro, please get a tap handle/badge sorted out, otherwise nobody will know it is there.

I had the pils at the FAD on Friday after the footy.

It was gooood! So was the pils ;)

They waived the door charge (basically I gatecrashed a private do) cos I said I knew the brewer .

Pedro, please get a tap handle/badge sorted out, otherwise nobody will know it is there.

Glad you mentioned that Stu,
I hate confrontation at the door of any house of ale, paticularly for the fact that at my age I don't "bounce" so good any more, :lol:
So is this a secret "nodd nodd wink wink, you know what I mean, entry" ? :ph34r:
Cheers and show us your badge!!!

I hate confrontation at the door of any house of ale, paticularly for the fact that at my age I don't "bounce" so good any more, :lol:
So is this a secret "nodd nodd wink wink, you know what I mean, entry" ? :ph34r:

I think they are actually pretty laid back that way.

This one was a private party, but a small one, so they had a nice lady at the door who would let you in for $5 if you didn't have an invite - or, if you didn't know the brewer :D

I think they are actually pretty laid back that way.

This one was a private party, but a small one, so they had a nice lady at the door who would let you in for $5 if you didn't have an invite - or, if you didn't know the brewer

Mmmmmmm!! Stu, $ 5.00 is cheap. In fact, damned good value. ;)

BTW did the brewer charge??

So did you gain entry to the venue as well!!!

Sorry my Scottish mate! but I needed to ask, :ph34r:

Cheers,

yes, yes, I know. Someone was supposed to get it to me last week and again today and I still don't have it :(

I called in Thursday to grab one and the barmaid wasn't aware what was on tap. Lucky the guy who runs the show was at the pinball machine and I got myself a pint. Really need to get those decals on the taps. A lot of people were drinking that other beer because it looked like the only beer on tap.

Can't say a pilsner on wet cold night was my usual beer of choice, but was still impressed. I think on a hot summer's night I would get through plenty of them.

yes, yes, I know. Someone was supposed to get it to me last week and again today and I still don't have it :(
The sooner the better... I stopped by on Friday night (pre-Stu). After asking for a pint of Fish Tale and receiving a long blank look, I thought I better help the lass behind the bar out a bit... "Gulf Brewery Pilsner? It's the new beer." "Oh you want a pilsner." :rolleyes:
You might want to explain to them that your beer belongs in a pilsner glass too (or at the very least something resembling a beer glass). Not a square high ball glass - these should be reserved for water.

Good beer btw. Met with strong approval from the mega-swilling mates and I enjoyed it too. Very well balanced but I usually prefer a tiny bit more hop flavour in my pilsners but you've got to make a living. Could easily have a session on it and at $5 a pint is very well priced in comparison to CPA. Too often anything that has "microbrewery" attached to it means over-inflated price.

Looking forward to the next raid on the Gulf Shed for a session from the bright tanks and watching Kai dodge assorted, unsecured pieces of the brewery. Bugger the law suits! Where's the camera?

Steve

The sooner the better... I stopped by on Friday night (pre-Stu). After asking for a pint of Fish Tale and receiving a long blank look, I thought I better help the lass behind the bar out a bit... "Gulf Brewery Pilsner? It's the new beer." "Oh you want a pilsner." :rolleyes:
Will be done tomorrow, OK !!

You might want to explain to them that your beer belongs in a pilsner glass too (or at the very least something resembling a beer glass). Not a square high ball glass - these should be reserved for water.
I should have told them that a bucket was more your style :p

Looking forward to the next raid on the Gulf Shed for a session from the bright tanks and watching Kai dodge assorted, unsecured pieces of the brewery. Bugger the law suits! Where's the camera?

Steve
Not bloody likely !

I have sad news if anyone wants a Pils from there tonight, they ran out on the weekend :angry: . Thanks to all those that assisted in emptying the first keg there.
Stocks will be replenished tomorrow.

Cheers
Pedro

It's good to hear they're selling quickly then Pedro.

You just need to get them setup with another tap so you can get the Pale Ale on tap too :)

It's good to hear they're selling quickly then Pedro.

You just need to get them setup with another tap so you can get the Pale Ale on tap too :)

Hi boots

Have spoken to the owner about that - I think we might come to some arrangement. If we can, then we shall call an AHB meeting there and be able to sample both. You never know, he might take the light too!

Pedro

Latest posts

Back