Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating using the link above.

The Brewer Who Quit Drinking Beer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DanBrewer, 10/9/18.

1. Schikitar

Posted 14/9/18
    I've been reading a fair bit lately about how meals, any time of the day, can spike blood sugar levels and insulin production and hence fat storage. It seems highly recommended to exercise (a rigorous walk for 20-30 mins is enough) within 30 minutes of eating a meal to curve that spike, that's my latest 'thing' to try! I need to do more reading, particularly science/evidence based reading.

I wonder how much beer spikes blood sugar, or perhaps it's the 'complimentary things' we do when drinking that's the problem?!

iJosh likes this.
  2. iJosh

Posted 14/9/18
    You're on the right track mate, and it's refreshing to see someone who's not complacent about their health.
    Unfortunately, beer is pretty bad for insulin (alcohol & sugars), but so are a lot of things. On the other hand, fasting induces the exact opposite reaction :)

Schikitar likes this.
  3. Chods1

Chuggin Charlie.

Just retired.
    Posted 14/9/18
    Yeah I gave up beer/alcohol for a year once. The benefits were pretty satisfying but then I do like beer an awful lot so I have a couple a day now and don't go overboard. Keeping OK for an old codger.

Tricky Dicky likes this.
  4. Chods1

Chuggin Charlie.

Just retired.
    Posted 14/9/18
    Yeah a big breakfast is the way to go with smaller meals during and at the end of the day.

Tricky Dicky likes this.