The 100 Bottles Of Beer For 100 Years

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish13

Reaction score
Ages ago i read about a pair of mates who decided to cement there friendship for 100 years. they brewed up a very strong porter and with a plan to drink one every year for the next 100 years ( i think they made almost 200 bottles or something like that). I have now lost the website and any info on it and google is being google and not helping...

Anyone got a lead on this or know how it is going? i am keen to know how the beer is fairing with age and how the guys themselves are going with there homebrewing.

i think they finshed all 200 bottles in 1 year , its only 200 bottles

i admire their plan .. but I'm not sure they know exactly what they are doing.....

a line that interested me.. and I'd be like to know if they have stuffed up or not ... :

"The bottles weren't primed, as we figure that it wouldn't be necessary considering they will need to last for 100 years. There's plenty of time for the buggers to carbonate themselves with the residual sugar."

The bottles weren't primed, as we figure that it wouldn't be necessary considering they will need to last for 100 years. There's plenty of time for the buggers to carbonate themselves with the residual sugar.

EDIT : After reading further (they have tasting notes) .. they sort of answered my question.
Their notes say light or little carbonation... although they do say it holds a head.

I'm guessing they should have at least added a small amount of priming sugar.

I think they are a little disappointed with the beer in the end.

I think they are a little disappointed with the beer in the end.

Miserable old f$%^ers!

That said, give me a beer a year for a hundred and I'd be pretty disappointed too...!

Lisa: Tastes like Ximenez that's gone bubbly.

Marcelle: It doesn't taste like any Ximenez I've ever tasted!

Oliver commented that It's actually a pretty nice beer. At which point Geoff just looked at him.

On that final comment, my money is on the beer outlasting the friendship...

Back