Tastes a bit like vinegar and cider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deevotronics

Reaction score
So my first all grain brew in a Brauduino (props to lael and matho) was a roaring success, used the Pilsner recipie from the Spiedel site and ended up with a great batch. My second run, however, tastes quiet sour and has no head. Followed the same steps but the result was significantly different. Can anybody shed light on what makes a beer sour and lack bubbles? I am new to brewing and jumped straight into the deep end, was simply intruiged by the braumeister concept.

Hey Dt. Most likely you have not cleaned the fermenter properly between brews. A simple infection has most likely taken hold in or around the tap. It is essential to always take apart all fittings and clean them after each use. Failing that something may have dropped into the fermenter and caused an infection. Sourness, no head, vinegar flavour is classic fermenter infection.
If it appeared after bottling then possible dirty bottles or caps.

That could very well be it. Tried cleaning the tap but there was a bit of gunk in there I couldnt get out. It seems this post got loaded twice, I will put more info in the other one (same title)

You can take the tap apart with a wooden spoon. Im on my phone and cant add the link but you can google it. Worth doing after each batch.

Pratty1 said:
You can take the tap apart with a wooden spoon. Im on my phone and cant add the link but you can google it. Worth doing after each batch.
Can't post the link from an ipad either, but search 'cleaning fermenter taps'

Back