Sydney Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnerator66

Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking a getting started in all grain and was wondering where other Sydney brewers get their grain from?
Don't know if it's just me but seems like some don't have a wide selection?

Hey guys I am looking a getting started in all grain and was wondering where other Sydney brewers get their grain from?
Don't know if it's just me but seems like some don't have a wide selection?

The Brew Shop at Peakhurst (see sponsor in banner above) or Absolute Homebrew at St Marys if I feel like a drive. Both stores have a good range of base grains and some specialties and same goes for Dave's Homebrew at North Sydney as well but for 1kg or 2kg lots of specialty grain I order online from Craftbrewer - ridiculously big range.

Jez

If you're interested I've been working a couple days a week at homebrew shop in the north and am doing an all grain at the shop tomorrow, though it will probably be around midday. Send me a PM if you are interested in a demo and some advice and I'll figure out timing and details for you.

Where are you located? I work at the country brewer in Thornleigh. We carry a fair bit of grain (much better range than we did a few years ago). We are able to get in 25kg sacs of base malt(get deliveries every week) and smaller quantities of most anything are kept in stock. The hop range is good as well, but if you want 500g packs we'll have to order those in as with the 25kg sacs of grain.

There are a fair few shops around, some better than others, though I was a happy customer where I work and don't have too much experience elsewhere.

I use on a regular basis;

Craftbrewer - Solid selection, great amount of specialty grain, yeasts etc. They set the mark when it comes to online ordering.
Daves Home Brew - Great all-rounder, i only shop in store though (easy to jump the M30 up from Newtown and have a stroll).
ESB - Good online selection, quick delivery. I'd be even happier with a cheaper, slower delivery option. Don't always need 1 day turnaround.
MHB - Only just started ordering a bit from Mark with the purchase of my BM. Solid prices.

They all have their own advantages.

If you're interested I've been working a couple days a week at homebrew shop in the north and am doing an all grain at the shop tomorrow, though it will probably be around midday. Send me a PM if you are interested in a demo and some advice and I'll figure out timing and details for you.

Where are you located? I work at the country brewer in Thornleigh. We carry a fair bit of grain (much better range than we did a few years ago). We are able to get in 25kg sacs of base malt(get deliveries every week) and smaller quantities of most anything are kept in stock. The hop range is good as well, but if you want 500g packs we'll have to order those in as with the 25kg sacs of grain.

There are a fair few shops around, some better than others, though I was a happy customer where I work and don't have too much experience elsewhere.

Thanks for all the replies guys, black labb I sent you a PM regarding your offer

Back