Sydney Breweries To Visit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JestersDarts

I (heart) Darts
Reaction score
G'Day Brewers -

I'm going to sydney for 5 days on Friday for a holliday :) hooray for me!

SWMBO and I have never been to Sydney before, will be relying on public transport, ferries, walking to get us around, and I will be staying at a rellies at breakfast point..

What i'd like to know is where are some good breweries that we could visit that it is possible to get to via the mentioned above,

I heard there was a brew pub near homebush that is close to breakfast point?

and if I were to purchase some bottles, how do people usually get them back on the plane?!

Cheers - JD

Breakfast point is right on Parramatta river so you can easily catch a ferry from nearby Cabarita into the city and visit all of the Rocks/CBD breweries in a day. Lord Nelson, Harts Pub, Belgian Bier cafe, Maquarie hotel, Red Oak...probably some others I may have missed.

Homebush is a pretty ethnic kind of suburb with big industrial areas and an Olympic park. Not sure about the kind of pubs you'd find there. EDIT: I just found "homebush bay brewery" on google...(with some pretty average reviews). Well there you go!

As for bottles on the plane, you cant take more than 100mL on your carry on so you'll need to wrap them up and put them in your check-in luggage.

You are very close to the micro at Flemington Markets. Within 5 klms. Don't know how you would get there by public transport, but a cab fare wouldn't break the bank.

G'Day Brewers -

I'm going to sydney for 5 days on Friday for a holliday :) hooray for me!

SWMBO and I have never been to Sydney before, will be relying on public transport, ferries, walking to get us around, and I will be staying at a rellies at breakfast point..

What i'd like to know is where are some good breweries that we could visit that it is possible to get to via the mentioned above,

I heard there was a brew pub near homebush that is close to breakfast point?

and if I were to purchase some bottles, how do people usually get them back on the plane?!

Cheers - JD

Oooh! That reminds me. Paddy's Brewery is having a Market Festival this Saturday!

Saturday 9th October 12noon-5pm Free Entry 25 Micro Brewed Beers on Tap $3 Per Middy Meet your local brewers including St. Peter's Brewery, Badlands Brewery,Potters Brewery, Murray's Craft Brewing Co, Happy Goblin Brewery, Lord Nelson Brewery, Mountain Ridge Brewery, Rocks Brewing Co., 4 Pines Brewing and of course Paddy's Brewery! There will be a couple of new breweries making an appearance so don't miss a great chance to try some truly awesome beers! The only Beer Festival where the man who brewed the beer is the... man who is pouring the beer!

If you go as far as the Macquarie, it's not that much further to the Local Taphouse.

In the rocks there is also the Australian, which sometimes has some good micros on tap.

Oooh! That reminds me. Paddy's Brewery is having a Market Festival this Saturday!
It's not OCTOBER yet, Phoney!

Jester, look up the Sydney AHB pubcrawl thread - that'll give you an idea of what pubs to visit.

It's not OCTOBER yet, Phoney!

Jester, look up the Sydney AHB pubcrawl thread - that'll give you an idea of what pubs to visit.

Brilliant - cheers for the replies guys! somewhere to start..
I would love to get a few sample bottles back for future tastings.. may have to wrap up for a rough trip in the hold luggage.. possibility of having beer smelling clothes.

oh well nothing out of the ordinary!

Will definately have to end one night at paddys brewery then seeing its nice and close to bedzzz

+1 for both of these breweries, even if 4Pines is a little out of the way. Visited them both when I was down in April among others (including Harts and Schwartz/Macquarie), and their beers were the standouts for me.

As for bottles on the plane, you cant take more than 100mL on your carry on so you'll need to wrap them up and put them in your check-in luggage.

Umm, pretty sure that's international flights only. I flew 18 months ago from Brisbane to Sydney on Qantas with a carton of local beers split between me & SWMBO in our carry-on bags. It might have changed since then or might be different between airlines, but it would definitely pay to ask if you have concerns with packing it with your check-in luggage.

Cheers,
tallie.

Latest posts

Back