Suitable John Guest Fitting For A Tesuco Regulator?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/4"BSPT usually but i prefer steel (brass-nickel plated or stainless ) threads though .. thats just personal choice and in no way am i knocking the JG gear that CB stock
Check out Blackwoods or warbartons as the stock SMC gear and other brands as well

The one you linked is fine, works a treat.I sell them too.
Nev

Wrong one. You will need the female thread like the shank adapters if you are screwing it to the thread coming from your regulator.
Not sure what size but it's one of these. Two sizes but I'm not sure which one it is.

Wrong one. You will need the female thread like the shank adapters if you are screwing it to the thread coming from your regulator.
Not sure what size but it's one of these. Two sizes but I'm not sure which one it is.
Crusty It depends on what you are screwing into/on to, most HB regs screw into a 1/4 thread.
Nev

Crusty It depends on what you are screwing into/on to, most HB regs screw into a 1/4 thread.
Nev

I have the Tesuco regulator & I assume he wants to unscrew the male barb & replace with the JG fitting. The fitting in question is a two piece arrangement. The barb fits into that compression type nut & the nut screws directly onto the thread of the reg. The way you are talking about I think would be totally unscrewing the fitting from the regulator & screwing the JG fitting directly to the regulator, which can be done too I suppose.

Tesuco

I bought a bag of ten 1/4 inch to 5/16 push fittings online from Canada for my BOC dual reg. They work a treat. They are for nitrous but I don't know if it's an issue in terms of food grade as they're nickel plated . On account of the fact I have used your Biab calculator with such great success I would be happy to post you a couple of these as payment for your efforts if you pm your details.

The way you are talking about I think would be totally unscrewing the fitting from the regulator & screwing the JG fitting directly to the regulator, which can be done too I suppose.

Tesuco

Right

I have a couple of reasons, one is to move the regulator between two installations, so barb is bad, the other is because the barb fitting leaks.

I bought a bag of ten 1/4 inch to 5/16 push fittings online from Canada for my BOC dual reg. They work a treat. They are for nitrous but I don't know if it's an issue in terms of food grade as they're nickel plated . On account of the fact I have used your Biab calculator with such great success I would be happy to post you a couple of these as payment for your efforts if you pm your details.

Pm sent :)))

Better confirm if the thread is 1/4" BSP or 1/4" NPT. Get it wrong and it can leak. The 1/4" NPT to JG are also available from water filter or plumbing supply shops.

Back