Submerging Fermenter Tap In Water?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need a tub to fill will with water and frozen bottles very soon as the heat is on this weekend. I've got the basic Coopers DIY kit which is just plastic and rubber, nothing to rust. Thinking that finding a tub approx 6cm high so the tap hangs over the lip of the tub would be very tricky. So, I'm wondering if chucking the fermenter into a large tub in which the tap would also be partially submerged would run a risk of infecting the brew?

Or, could I just sanitise the tap before bottling by shooting a non-rinse formula up the tap hole?

How did you go with your temp control yesterday? Mine climbed to 21.7 at the most, and I just threw in some ice packs which took it back to 20.5 and it held there. My garage is on the East side of the house and its two story so by mid afternoon it was in complete shade and cooled down. I dont think were going to get to 32C today seems like the rain will come early so should be okay.

Latest posts

Back