Style Of The Week 7/3/07 - Russian Imperial Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to say it, but the RIS (which I thought was good enough, but not extraordinary) that won a gold in the Tas HBC a couple yeast back was just s04, skimmed from the krausen of an actively fermenting mild.

It was the only thing I had available, I can't remember if MJ M79 was available at the time (I know I brewed with it in Tas), but it gives more 'Belgian' characteristics for mine, so stuck with something simple.

As I said, I thought it was good, but not that good, but someone else obviously did.

Very tempted to brew a RIS to break in my new system, and use up the 5-10kg each of Black Malt, RB and Choc malt I have...

yankinoz said:
Imperial stouts head the list of beers I buy every now and then but never brew, because I can't imagine working through 20 litres of it even with help. Am I alone that way?
put in a glass and drink it
it wont go off overnight lol

i just put an order in for ingredients today and chose 1028
mainly because in wyeast site under styles there was a selection suitable and only a few available around the sites

yankinoz said:
Imperial stouts head the list of beers I buy every now and then but never brew, because I can't imagine working through 20 litres of it even with help. Am I alone that way?
20L?

Pussy!

1468921516911.jpg

Latest posts

Back