Storing Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick JD

Blah Blah Blah
Reaction score
G'day all,

I've searched a bit and can't find a definitive answer.

Just wondering, once a bag of hops is opened, what's the best storage method? And how long will this method keep them fresh enough to use successfully? Do bittering hops keep fresher longer than aroma hops?

When seeping with a stocking leg ... is there any nasties in the stocking, or should I wash it first? Or steal the old nanna's next door off her clothesline at night? Mmmmm, grandma toejam...

Thanks. :icon_cheers:

Just wondering, once a bag of hops is opened, what's the best storage method?

Cool and air tight.

If you want buy a vacuum sealer, that should keep them nice and fresh for a long while. This has been discussed numerous times on AHB.

Hmmmm, I have a sunbeam foodsaver, and a freezer.... which is best? Or is it six of one and half a dozen of the other? What would be best for a year's storage?

Hmmmm, I have a sunbeam foodsaver, and a freezer.... which is best? Or is it six of one and half a dozen of the other? What would be best for a year's storage?

both

airtight & in the freezer!

I have a vac sealer. I always vac seal after use and throw them in the freezer

ie: airtight and in the freezer :D

I have a vac sealer. I always vac seal after use and throw them in the freezer

ie: airtight and in the freezer :D

me too
Guy here was doing a deal on them for AHB members

Batz

I reseal the foil bags mine come in and then throw them in a ziplock bag and then throw that in the freezer....

Back