Stonecutter Scotch Ale - Renasissance Brewing Company

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny_bjc

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just been given a bottle of Stonecutter Scotch Ale from the Renaissance Brewing Company, Marlborough, New Zealand. The bottle looks very nice (and 500ml size too) and the 'label' sounds mouthwatering.

Unfortunetly I can not drink at the moment - but this should last perfectly for when I can crack it open later in the year. Seeing as I can not enjoy it just yet, I was interested to know if others have tried this ale or any of their other range and what your thoughts and tastings were.

Here is the blurb:

(7% 2.8 drinks)

" This is the big, hearty 'red wine' of our range.

Nine malts are blended to produce layers of caramel, toffee, liquorice, chocolate and roasty flavours and these are balanced by a tart raisiny fruitiness that gradually gives way to a lingering dry finish. Rich, full bodied, warming and morish.
Stonecutter pairs well with venison, roast beef or lamb, or the heartiest casseroles and stews. For dessert, try it with a creme brulee or, of course scottish shortbread. "

Drink their range regularly, the stonecutter is a malty beast best served not too cold on a not too hot day.
Discovery APA is my regular scoffer,excellent.
Perfection english pale ale is another different animal,toffee flavours.
Elemental porter, another for the cold times.
They do a few seasonal releases, Paradox blonde never did it for me, had a draught limited release called " funkenreizen" , unusual beer flavoured with star anise that was damned good, actually they don't brew a beer I can't drink.
Having said that I don't think they are a saver, drink them fresh, especially the discovery.
The brewer from Renaissance also has his own label called 8 wired, give his IPA a crack if you get the opportunity, one of NZ's best hoppy pale ales :icon_cheers:

Had one last week. Nice drop. Hint of smoke to finish

Latest posts

Back