Stocktake

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the power bill can get a little large especially if we have guest stay a few weeks (extra hot water, air conditioning/heating etc). I have consolidated on computers though that are on 24/7 as I shut down the unix box and the old desktop and consolidated the mail/web/database services onto two old notebooks. This seems to have helped power consumption a bit :D .
Yes on top of those fridges there is the Laundry freezer, and the kitchen fridge.
My xmas present (if I can find one) is going to be a chest freezer (350 + litres if anyone has one) for my shed.

An no license required ins NSW (phew).

As for tours there hasn't been a demand and there really isn't a lot to see.

Beers,
Doc

Righto!

I think Doc is feeling a bit lonely and it sounds like he needs about 20 of us to come over and "tour" his establishment. Now, all we need to do is continually complement him on his brewing setup and keep confusing his missus as Doc's eldest daughter and we should do fine!

Who want's to come with me and check out Doc's house of alcoholic oblivion!! :chug:

TVFIC!!

TL

I'd be in on that!

I could also help you out with some off-site beer storage there, Doc. I can guarantee return of the bottles, but not necessarily of their contents.

This is my first post on this board and I think it's a fitting one. I've been brewing and stockpiling lagers all through winter and have recently started doing some pale ales.

It's hard to say exactly but heres a guess. I have three 5 tier galvanised steel shelves bolted together and bolted to the wall in my garage. I keep my fermenters and racking tubs on the top shelves. That leaves 12 shelves to fill with beer. I can fit one brews worth on each shelf so say on average 30 x 640ml-750ml longnecks. At the moment I have 10 out of the 12 shelves full with 18l of Bavarian Weizen racked and ready to bottle on the weekend. I've also go another ale in primary right now.

My missus thinks I take this brewing lark a little to seriously. :rolleyes:

Drinking homebrew is cheaper than drinking equivalent quality beer. So the more you drink the more you save. That won my Mrs over :)

ATM I have about 8 cases of long necks full of beer.
I also have about another 8 cases EMPTY! I am brewing as fast as I can to fill them!

Latest posts

Back