STC-1000 EE error

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kz412

Reaction score
Wired up my second STC-1000 this afternoon, only to find that when I plug it in the screen just reads "EE" and emits a constant beep. Quick google around suggests this is an open circuit on the sensor. I've quadruple checked wiring, pulled the sensor out and rescrewed it in multiple times, and checked the sensor with a multimeter (~11K ohms, some reading suggests this is about right).

Thinking odds are a dodgy unit, or I'm an idiot and missing something obvious. Any further things I should check?

Well swap over the sensor if you have another one.
See what happens then.

Heat it to see if it changed resistance voltage to confirm its a unit fault. These sensors can be intermittent.

Error description Alarm when sensor error:Controller activate the sensor error alarm mode when sensor open circuit or short circuit, all the running status is closed off with the buzzer alarms, and the nixie tube displays “EE”,Press any key can cancel alarm sound, system back to display the normal temperature when the error and the fault is cleared.
I'll happily go away now and let this forum go back to the usual,

Latest posts

Back