STC-1000 Custom Open Source Firmware

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone in Melbourne done this and willing to help out and do the same for an Arduino-less brewer? I'd love to get a lager profile going but don't have an Arduino (and can't justify buying one at the moment)

Bump! Similarly "technologically-challenged" here & would love to see how it's done, so I can replicate it.

Just got one for $15 delivered from HobbyKing.

Ordered 2 x stc for $27 delivered so I don't risk my keezer/fermenting fridge stc's. Hopefully they are compatible

If it works and is easy to do (ie doesn't take much time) I will flash them for my fellow brewers

Moad grab some leads and a female header from jaycar or similar to make life easier for you.

It is extremely easy to flash, but once flashed the firmware isn't all that easy to navigate and use. I always have the manual handy in the brewery.

I would be happy to flash anyones correct STC in Sydney?

Moad said:
Just got one for $15 delivered from HobbyKing.

Ordered 2 x stc for $27 delivered so I don't risk my keezer/fermenting fridge stc's. Hopefully they are compatible

If it works and is easy to do (ie doesn't take much time) I will flash them for my fellow brewers
Which model was it on their site? There's tonnes, and for $15 I may take the plunge but I want to get it right obviously!

Well gear arrived but I ordered the wrong bloody temp controllers, they are hot/cold only and not both. I'll hook one up to the keezer and keep one spare.

Then I have two hot/cold ones to flash, they are elitech. Are they flashable?

I'll have a crack at this tonight just need to pick up the cords and header from jaycar...

I had checked both STC's and one of them was V 1.0 but I didn't realise at the time it also needs to be A_400.

No compatible STC's but an arduino and cables with header etc

bugger!

Moad, You have a v1.0 but it isn't an A_400?
You gotta love Chinese quality control :blink:

I'll post a pic, I ordered another one and it is v1.1. Absolutely no luck with these at all.

If anyone has a v1.0 with no intention of flashing I'd love to swap for a non flashable unit. I'll even swap a fully assembled one for just the stc v1.0

Moad said:
I'll post a pic, I ordered another one and it is v1.1. Absolutely no luck with these at all.

If anyone has a v1.0 with no intention of flashing I'd love to swap for a non flashable unit. I'll even swap a fully assembled one for just the stc v1.0

Moad I have one V1 A400_F, I was going to flash myself it came in an order of a couple so if the others are the same happy to sort something out with you.

MB

Mate that would be awesome, let me know if you have one spare. Do you have an arduino etc? If not I could flash yours too if you like

I'll open up the other two over the weekend, both are currently fermenting, I'm good to flash and will probably leave that for early next year when I do a full brewery strip down and clean, with a few little upgrades along the way :) The spare I was going to use for the keezer when I get around to doing it, so no ramping required.

MB

Too easy, keep me posted. If you have a use for 5 amp ones you can have two of them plus a v1.1 for the trade. Pm me and we can sort it out. Really hoping its the right version!

Latest posts

Back