STC-1000 Custom Open Source Firmware

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will PM some details tonight, but this one's yours unused, as I said had it as the spare with plans to control keezer, only came out of box to check it's specs.

Flashed successfully to v1.4

Went to flash to 1.6 and it fell over half way through, no I think I have a dead stc hahaha

great news Moad, should have that conical filled and chugging away by the end of the weekend!

just flashed 1.4 back on to it, it was only the LCD not displaying.

MB you are a bloody legend for sending that up can't thank you enough. Will get yours in the post tomorrow!

If anyone in Newcastle would like theirs flashed I am happy to return the good karma and do it for free.

Also happy to do it for other people who would cover postage for themselves, it only takes 5 minutes to do.

I have found a source for the right hardware so might stock up on a few...

Has anyone had an issue with the profile not starting? Just got home and it looks like it was looking for a non existent second probe (v1.06) even though its disabled. Seemed to be displaying the wrong temp, was showing 16.5 with a target of 17. I pressed the power button and it displayed 23 which is what it felt like.

Spamming this thread but the profile hadn't started until I pushed the power button to "activate it" not sure what it was displaying.

I have had a couple of requests for pre flashed units so...

IMG_20141004_082825.jpg

I am ordering 2 at a time, they are costing me $26.70 each (expensive I know but they have all been the right hardware so far).

Will send pre flashed units for $43 in a 3KG bag or $38 if I can get them in a 500g bag.

Cheers,

Nick.

IMG_1328_zpsbbeea819.jpg

IMG_1329_zpsc8863640.jpg

IMG_1340_zps9c38dd14.jpg

IMG_1341_zps370ca0ac.jpg

IMG_1342_zps9fadb691.jpg

IMG_1343_zpsa0faaefa.jpg

I have fitted the above connector to make it easier to program in the future, the socket could also be easily fitted by the side of the STC. & rather than messing around with the internal resistor needed for the 2nd probe why not just get another jack plug and only use the ground and ICSPCLK for the 10kOhm resistor & the new temp probe Vcc and ICSPCLK, that way the 2nd probe is totally portable.

Latest posts

Back