Stainless Braided Hoses At Mash Temps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silicon hose can be had for around $5/m, SS Snaplock fittings (purchased bulk from USA) are about $5 each.
Last I checked the big green shed the rubber-stainless braid fittings were about $10 each and often less than a meter in length.
That pretty much negates the argument that the rubber-stainless braid setup is cheaper and IMHO it's certainly not better.

Good point,

Although I wouldn't touch the keg king $5 meter stuff as I've been told it becomes soft and kinks at higher temps, Nev has the heavy duty stuff at $10 a meter.
I paid from T&S $170 for 20 camlock fittings posted, so $8.50 (posted) for a 316 s/s camlock.

By the time you got a decent length of the s/s braided hose in a decent internal hose size, I just think pay the bit extra for the known factor and get many good years from it. Buying cheap and replacing it is the most expensive way.

QldKev

All true, just to say that generally bunnings never offers the best cost or quality for more specific items such as these. The bunnings hoses are generic low quality hoses at a high price. I got my hoses with high spec, made in Italy, from an online retailer here in Nz for less than half the price of the crappy ones from bunnings.

All true, just to say that generally bunnings never offers the best cost or quality for more specific items such as these. The bunnings hoses are generic low quality hoses at a high price. I got my hoses with high spec, made in Italy, from an online retailer here in Nz for less than half the price of the crappy ones from bunnings.

Got a link please?

Will check the link in the morning but pretty sure they are called Valve Supplies. Good also for standard non- stainless ball valves at descent price.

Latest posts

Back