Spraying My Beer Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That fridge reminds me of the Grizwalds car in National Lampoons with the wooden panelling on the sides.

Trust me It's an improvement on what was underneath. But yes, it does have a Lampoons' feel about it.

A while back "the minister for war & finance" compulsory aquired my gassing fridge from the brewery/garage to be restored & reused as the main kitchen cooling facility to which the honorable member for raising treasury funds & put up & shut up protested to no avail (of course) I then checked out the local mitre ten store and found some cans of from memory appliance enamel can't remember the brand I bought enough to do the front & the visible side (was expensive compared to usual p/pack cans) but gave a great finish & tarted the old girl real nice

So I would recommend paying a little extra & looking for the appliance enamel and take your time sand it back spray nice even coats well worth the extra couple of dollars & time spent

Good luck whichever way you go looking forward to seeing the finished project :party:

Fellas...
You can use whatever you like to paint a Fridge.....BUT...
If it is not 2 pack Material..Your hands and sweat will
eventually wear the paint away where you touch it...
Cheers
PJ...
50.....yrs experience in Painting going your way free....

Was painting my can not so long ago and decided to paint my fridge to , this is acrylic car paint sprayed with a gun. :D
It as you can see is black and hardly ever comes on. Black looses heat almost as fast as it absorbs it.

IMGP0651.JPG IMGP0652.JPG

Axl, that looks truly brilliant.

What variety of timber have you used?

Did you need to trim any of the panels edges or were you lucky enough that they all fitted?

Wally

Hey wally
Found some of this flooring in my garage of my rental property. Cost me nothing except some glue. Comes in 190mm wide panels X 1.5 mtr lengths. Just cut it to size with the old jig saw. I am thinking of staining it maybe mahogony, (something darker). I think you can by it from ikea. Easy
American oak

Was painting my can not so long ago and decided to paint my fridge to , this is acrylic car paint sprayed with a gun. :D
It as you can see is black and hardly ever comes on. Black looses heat almost as fast as it absorbs it.

View attachment 19395 View attachment 19396
Killer fridge Kenny ! I got an old 50's Kelvinator Im saving for the new alfresco deck . Needs some work internally to make it sweet ( New shelfs or replated ) but its all original and works. Guy at the fridge shop recons its worth $1 K + done up .
GB

Don't worry about painting. Glue some timber flooring onto the barstad!.

i would've painted when i did the first Kegerator but it was beyond it so I went the wood panelling route as well, turned out pretty good.

frzr.jpg

frzr97.jpg

Cheers
Yardy

did my fridge a while back f*$k sanding it use penotrol which will help the paint bond to a gloss surface available at bunnings then brush or roll 1st coat & spray 2nd good luck did mine metalic silver still hanging on after 18 months

Back