Spraying My Beer Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I am considering spraying my beer fridge Black to accentuate the gold on my Celli taps to improve the 'Bling Factor'

I have been looking at White Knight paints Fridge and Appliance Finish which is an extremely high quality acrylic spray pain that reproduces the the look of new white goods .

available in Black, white, silver or vanilla

http://www.whiteknightpaints.com.au/produc...ppliance-finish

Has anyone any experience in spray painting thier fridge ?

Pumpy :)

Celli_X4.jpg

my honest opinion is that it looks better white mate.

Those taps sure look good.

I think black would make the whole ridge look smaller and kind o be a bit wrong.

Who knows...... i could be completly wrong. Maybe build a scale model to test the look?

cheers

As a retired Spray painter, I wouldn't use any type of acrylic paint on a fridge pumpy.
For a great finish 2pack is the only way to go

Franko

Will look good black Pumpy, I have one Chelli and painted my shity old beer fridge with black RustGuard, which is a real ******* as the paint doesnt adhere that well, so it needs 2 coats, but the uneven coats give a slighty rippled effect when light hits it and it resembles a dark pond!

Go black paint on the door for bling factor!

I did my first 1 keg fridge in 2pack Tiger Mica, with Diamond metalic Silver for the doors....
it turned out sweet...
Still got it up behind the bar...
It got attacked with giant labels last swap..
heres a side on..doesnt do it justice
DSCF2083small.jpg

Sqyre... ;)

just another point of view: a black painted fridge would be consuming more energy :rolleyes:

My best friend is an autobody shop manager, but he used to be the head painter (still paints from time to time actually). He bought a small white bar fridge and painted it black, but he used automotive paint and the associated tools. He doesn't have any good words for paint that comes in a spray can, but then again he's after perfection.

Could you try the paint out (practice, really) on an old fridge or freezer? This would help you to perfect your method and would also give you an idea regarding the paint's durability and whether the surface should be sanded prior to painting for good adhesion.

I saw an ad in Unique Cars magazine once for a company that repainted fridges using the original paint and decals from aussie muscle cars of old. GTHO Falcon fridge, XU-1 Torana frigde, R-T Charger fridge... very cool.

Why not just a black background for the taps. A rectangular piece of either black acrylic or even laminex behind the taps, easier and you still have a white fridge.

I just painted my chest freezer with chalk paint (black). Now I can write all over it, and the kids can too! Washed off, it is matte black.

A big piece of smoked perspex as a splashback would look awesome....

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black... Yet I digress. :D

Would look good Pumpy but as Franko said. 2 Pack is the go and you probably want to prepare it well. I'd say with a can of regular spray it would scratch before your first keg's emptied.

Can't wait to see the pics. :beerbang:

Warren -

Zwickel, some of those units are a work of art. I really like the one in the second link with the before and after photos.
Cheers 15BL

Disclaimer: I am not a painter

I have used a lot of White Knight paints before. I have even sprayed cars with it.

Are you planning to spray it with the cans or with an air compressor? If you go the can route it will be more expensive. Also be careful getting near the end of the can as it tends to splatter.

I'm about to spray a fridge using their hammertone charcoal. I did an old filing cabinet in it and it looks pretty good and helps to hide imperfections.

I'd be worried about that skull pirate taking over the 'black pearl' if you paint it black.

He looks mighty suspicious if you ask me... :ph34r:

I recently painted my fridge a nice fire engine red using White Knight Rust Guard enamel. I wasn't too concerned about having a mirror smooth finish as I figured a bit of character wouldn't hurt. So the first coat was with a brush, second with a roller. Hind sight tells me that I should of used the roller for the first coat, but I wasn't really thinking clearly when I started the whole paint the fridge project. in the end I'm happy with the result ...

21112007116.jpg

I just painted my chest freezer with chalk paint (black). Now I can write all over it, and the kids can too! Washed off, it is matte black.

Maxt do you have any pics? Great idea for keeping track of whats on tap.

I thought about doing this but wasnt sure if the dust would get into the taps, do you have any problems?

Black n chrome - sooo shiny, sand it,paint it, sand it, paint it.Just under 2L enamel with a compressor.
White knight takes an age to dry and will cost a fortune in cans.A mates got one in metal hammer gun metal gray - hides alot of mistakes/laziness looks good too.beer_007.jpg
I reckon black n gold will look good too

Back