Splitting The Brew Day In Two

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think after doing a bit of research and reading other forums mashing the night before and letting it sit over night still can be done but its

important not to let the temps drop down around 40c to 50c for to long thats where the bacteria is most efficient. I mash out at 76c , so i will

probably ramp it up to 85c once the grain bag is out, then throw a couple of extra blankets over to retain maximum heat for the morning when i

start the boil. There is still a slight risk of infection i understand that but going by how clean and smooth this blonde ale is that i used this method with im keen to try it again.

Cheers boys.

i have mashed overnight quite a few times and never had any problems with infection.the other option is to mash and sparge the night before and bring the wort up to the boil and then cover and insulate it. if you dont know what dms smells like you certainly will when you bring it back up to the boil the next day!

Overnight mashing seems to be gaining popularity among homebrewers I know as a good way to save time, and with good reason! If cutting time

off your brew session by splitting it up like this appeals to you, I encourage you to give it a try.

Latest posts

Back