Spicy / Berry / Dark Toucan Ideas...?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB

Reaction score
Hi All, I really should have done this one for a winter brew but I'm thinking of throwing down a toucan in a dark style just for a change.

I'm thinking of starting with the ol' Coopers dark/stout combo but not sure what else to add. I tried the James Squires pepperberry ale a while ago at squire bar in sydney and was pretty well on my way at the time but it seemed pretty nice. Obviously I'm not expecting to replicate that beer but something along those lines would be nice. Maybe kinda like a bit of cherry ripe, a bit of pepper/spice etc.

I've done a bit of searching but there is sooo much info on here it could take me weeks to decide. Just a few of the additions I've read about include chocolate topping, milo, jalapenos as well as all manner of berries of course.

I'd like to keep it as simple as possible, I have on hand some Saaz hops and a few different yeasts (including some Nottingham coming from Ross today), but I'll consider any option you guys think are worthwhile. So throw in some ideas and hopefully we'll come up with something tasty!

Where's the love? Feel free to throw in random suggestions, otherwise I'm gonna end up with some crazy combo that may or may not turn out any good!

Latest posts

Back