• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Special Edition Heineken Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodnknee

Reaction score
I have two special edition 3L Heineken bottles released in 2003 for the Rugby World Cup sitting pretty on my display shelf.
They are the only two I have ever seen and I presume they are rare. One is open and the other has been drunk but refilled with water and re-corked (the beer would not be worth drinking if it was original).
If there is anyone who collects beer memorabilia out there who would like them sitting in their display shelf/cabinet you can make me an offer.

The empty is 3kg and the full one is 6kg.

WP_20160520_14_08_00_Pro.jpg

WP_20160520_14_27_09_Pro.jpg

Sorry, only beers I display are ones I thought were good beers.

Have to say, I've not seen those bottles before though. Have you listed them on ebay? Plenty of folks might be keen there if you don't get a bite here... Good luck

I had over 50 of these when they came out, purchased for my customers, social club and me. More a novelty but someone will pay for them on feebay I'm sure. Who won at that cup? Can't remember!

Yes it does say special edition not limited so millions could have been made. I got them from the Heineken Rep and they where the only two received as there were not many available. I never saw them on the shelves for sale but I think from memory they did a little 1.5L brother which were sold on the shelves. We also received a framed Australian jersey signed by the players which would be worth a fair penny.
I had a league jersey signed by the Australian team which I threw in the bin. League is shit and no one wanted it.

Cube said:
Who won at that cup? Can't remember!
A little known and often disregarded northern hemisphere team by the name of England, if I remember correctly.

BTW, Cube. How did they go in the last World Cup? Oh, that's right! They didn't make it out of the group games. Probably forgot that too.

See you, Anthony

AJS2154 said:
A little known and often disregarded northern hemisphere team by the name of England, if I remember correctly.

BTW, Cube. How did they go in the last World Cup? Oh, that's right! They didn't make it out of the group games. Probably forgot that too.

See you, Anthony
I was at that grand final. It was a great game right up until the last few seconds of extra extra time...

Jonny Wilkinson........wonderful tallent, great player. You were lucky to have been there mate. One of the great sporting events for an Australian, irrespective of the outcomme. See you, Anthony

Latest posts

Back