Southern White Ale On Tap At Clancy's Cb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_alk

Reaction score
Just a quick note to let you know that Clancy's at Canning Bridge now have our gold medal winning "Southern White Ale" on tap.
We also have our "Limeburner's Stout" coming out in 650ml bottles as soon as the labels arrive. Look out for it in your local good beer stockist.

Allan
Tanglehead

Any chance of the Southern White Ale to be on tap at Clancy's at fremantle?

Any chance of the Southern White Ale to be on tap at Clancy's at fremantle?

been trying, but Jane wants to give everyone a fair go, so I would have to nobble Jan Bruckner to get rid of his kristal first!

Why are brewers going for these 640/50ml bottles

Are they marketed as a single serve, or a table bottle for multiple drunks, I mean drinkers?

are they cheaper and easier the deal with that 750's?
Has it got anything to do with the US style 22oz Bombers being around that size?
so much for the "Tradicion" of the 750's

Why are brewers going for these 640/50ml bottles

Are they marketed as a single serve, or a table bottle for multiple drunks, I mean drinkers?

are they cheaper and easier the deal with that 750's?
Has it got anything to do with the US style 22oz Bombers being around that size?
so much for the "Tradicion" of the 750's

Basically, we go with what we can lay our hands on!
Unlike the wine industry, where there are hundreds of different types of bottles available off the shelf and used by the hundreds of small wineries, much of the packaging and bottles used in brewing are proprietary to the big breweries. That's why just about every small brewery uses the same 330ml stubbie.
The 750ml king browns are not readily available and I think are "owned" by LN, Fosters and Coopers.
Either that, or you have to import or design and manufacture your own bottle.
Hence, I use an off-the shelf 750ml sparkling wine bottle for my christmas ale (as do a couple of other breweries)
The 650ml is as close as I can get to a pint-sized bottle and gives you an extra mouthful or two!

Allan

Latest posts

Back